cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Setup time in means of transport ignored by TP/VS Optimizer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Gurus,

I have a requirement of having a break for vehicle resource after each trip to carry out certain routine activities. I have modeled setup time of 2:00 Hrs in means of transport for this. However when I run the TP/VS optimizer, it plans two consecutive shipments without considering any setup time.

Any idea on how to achive this requirement?

Regards

Sandeep Patil

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sandeep.

In the transaportation lane, in the means of transport settings, there is one field u201CAddnl Retentn Per.u201D

Additional Stop Duration for a Transportation Lane (hhh:mm)

Did you think to use this ?

Additional Stop Duration for a Transportation Lane (hhh:mm)

The stop duration indicates the time that a means of transport is not in motion between two locations. It thus represents an addition to the duration of actual transportation. The duration of transportation represents the pure travelling time (working time, net transportation time), whereas the stop duration is defined as a gross time (that is, it relates to both the working time and the non-working time of the means of transport).

Regards

Datta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Datta,

Thanks for immediate answer. However the aditional settings you suggested will not work in our scenario as we want some rest time after the shipment end at te source location (after empty return). The suggested settings add some delay between two locations where as out requirement is to have delay between two shipments. Optimizer should plan next shipment only after considering this rest time defined at source location.

Regards

Sandeep Patil

Answers (0)