Run time systems questions

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have following portal instances in out landscape

1. EPD for portal dev

2. EPQ for portal qa

3. EPP for portal production

We also have NWDI installed (JDI)on a separate engine and configured as per instruction.

We created a track called ESS_TRACK for modification of ESS components. We were able to Check In the required components successfully via transport studio. Can you help to answer the following questions:

1. Once I check in all the components successfully via transport studio, when I click on the development tab, and click on transport all ...what really happening here? Does it import the components into development work space or it actually imports the components into the Development runtime (EPD as I mentioned above). Please note that I didnt add the run time to the track yet so even it try to import to EPD it wont be able to.

2. At what stage, our modification of the ESS components will get deployed/transport to the Development run time(EPD)?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

1. The Software Components that are ready for import will be imported into the _dev Development Configuration for the involved track and deployed to the assigned Runtime System. Any existing custom developed Development Components that depend on these imported SC's will be rebuilt and deployed to the Runtime System assigned to the Development stage (unless "Disable automatic deployment" has been selected in the Runtime System definition).

2. Once you Activate an activity in your NWDS (unless "Disable automatic deployment" has been selected in the Runtime System definition).

In case "Disable automatic deployment" has been selected in the Runtime System definition, you need to deploy the component manually using the TCS Deployer which you can reach at http://<NWDI hostname>:<port>/TCS/Deployer .

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pascal,

Thank you very much for your clarification so far. If possible, can I please check further the followng:

If I carry out the following steps:

A. Create the track ESS_TRACK and check in the MSS_ESS software components and other depended software components such as EP_PSEVR etc ...(there are about 11 SCs)

B. I assigned the runtime EPD (EP7.0) as Development and Consolidate system via run time system configuration in the track.

C. I assigned EPQ run time as the Test system, EPP run time as the production system.

D. Perform the import ( Development Tab in the transport studio). There are total of 14 SCs to be imported.

Questions:

The runtime EPD is portal dev and it already has 14 SCs in (D) deployed during the installation/patching. If step D is carried out, will these 14 SCs be imported again to the EPD run time?

Thanks.

angel_dichev
Active Participant
0 Kudos

After deploy to DEV these sca-s will go to the Consolidation view import queue (CMS) and wait to be imported, in case you have one and same system in DEV and CONS they will be already deployed (transported) as you did imported them in the DEV view, however you'll need them in the TEST (your EPQ) 9also production) system, unless you do not import them to CONS (CMS) they will not appear in the TEST import queue.

Other way is to deploy them with other deploy tool (SDM, or JSPM) for example.

Regards, Angel