cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Understanding udfs

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear experts,

I see that most of udfs that are coded have arrays been passed as input parameters of type String in java.

What should we understand by that ?.Source data is taken by XI server all at one go or a record by record for

converting from source to target messsage.

Plz explain how things happen in an idoc to file scenario.

Can we debug UDFs ?

Edited by: aditya sharma on Jun 22, 2010 8:58 AM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I want to elaborate my question more.Incase scenario is idoc to file.Will all records based on number of segments will

go from source->target conversion or one by one.

Same will all content of file will go for source to target conversion or line by line.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Tried to figure out from stuff but none is able to remove these doubts.My basic confusion is say scenario is file to idoc.

Will XI integrations engine read single line textual record thereby moving to corresponding fields of target idoc or at one go (reading complete text together) and then XI will convert from source to target.I am asking this because UDF have to be coded in that way only.

Edited by: aditya sharma on Jun 22, 2010 9:25 AM

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> I see that most of udfs that are coded have arrays been passed as input parameters of type String in java.

> What should we understand by that ?.Source data is taken by XI server all at one go or a record by record for

> converting from source to target messsage.

Maybe you look in online help?

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nwpi711/helpdata/en/f8/2857cbc374da48993c8eb7d3c8c87a/frameset.htm

> Plz explain how things happen in an idoc to file scenario.

Create a simple scenario to figure out, how it works.

> Can we debug UDFs ?

Only externally

/people/stefan.grube/blog/2005/12/30/test-user-defined-functions-for-the-xi-graphical-mapping-tool-in-developer-studio

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Fisrt SEARCH IN SDN BY YOUR SELF to get understanding about UDFs and types of UDF.

many blogs available on the same.

Regards,

Raj