SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I dont see Utilities in SPRO & Easy Access

former_member316563
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am not able to see IS-Utilities in the Easy Access & SPRO. (Please do not tell me to use Tcode SISU)

I can see IS-UT active in SPAM. In SPRO I have also gone and also activated Utilities Industry & Extended FICA but still no luck.

I have referred many SAP Notes also....but I did not find an answer how to include Utilities in swich framework (SFW5)...when I tried the Tcode I only found FICAX.

Somene please let me know how to include IS-UT in Swich Framework as mentioned in Note 881842 - Release strategy for SAP Utilities as of ECC 6.0 - I have quoted the exact words from the note below.

"Activation of the industry extension in the Switch Framework:

The Utilities industry extension is activated by a switch using the new Switch Framework technology. You therefore do not need to install an add-on using a separate CD or a transport."

Do I need to Install ECC6 again using specific settings ?

Please advice.

Satya

2 REPLIES 2

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Satyajeet,

The thing is SAP IS -U you cannot see in ECC6.0.This is Special System or Software(Add on Component) that you need to Install in your System.

Please Contact your Basis Team for More information.

0 Kudos

Dear Sudheer,

Please go thru SAP Note 881842 - Release strategy for SAP Utilities as of ECC 6.0

For your quick reference the text of the note reads as under :

The SAP Utilities industry extension corresponds to the earlier IS-U/CCS add-on and forms part of the IS-UT software component as of ECC 6.0.

Industry extension in the standard system (activated using the Switch Framework):

As of Release SAP ERP 2005, the SAP Utilities software is no longer delivered separately from the standard system. Instead, it forms part of the SAP ERP Central Component (SAP ECC) and has the name SAP ECC Industry Extension Utilities. This means that the Utilities software is on the system as soon as you install SAP ECC. To use Utilities, you must activate it first using a switch. You use the Switch Framework to implement this activation.

Please advise further.

Satyajeet