Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ZTABLE maintainace generator

Former Member
0 Kudos

i have created one table with the fields of MATNR, MATKL,& Text of matkl

Now i am trying to create Table Maintenance Generator,it will ask me Package & function Group,

I tried for material and material group functions & package to enter but it will not let me create the generator it is giving me the error message

what package ane functiongroup i have to mention so it can create Table generator?

It has Data Class 'C'.

Thank You,

Jahnavee

Edited by: jahnavee trivedi on Jun 22, 2010 7:17 AM

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

shaik_sajid
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Since it is ZTable you can specify the Development Package and you can create Function Group in SE80 and can specify it (Package also can be created in SE80).

If the above does not work then change data class to A and try the same process....

Regards

7 REPLIES 7

shaik_sajid
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Since it is ZTable you can specify the Development Package and you can create Function Group in SE80 and can specify it (Package also can be created in SE80).

If the above does not work then change data class to A and try the same process....

Regards

0 Kudos

hi,

You can give any packge name.

the function group you give the table name and press enter, then click on create button,

Let me know if any issues...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

As AV said you can assign the table name in your function group and can specify your package which you must have created in SE80 or if you have not created any package then can assign the local package name which is '&TEMP'.

i hope it will work for you.

let me know if you face any problem with this solution.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

while you create the maintanance generater it will ask function group,so you will have try in SE37 to create the function group but it is wrong way because.you try in SE80 to create the function group and then don't forget to Activate.You can try in SE37 to create function group but it has one prob.that is if you create a function group in SE37 at any time it will be in Deactivate mode,you can activate using main program.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Activate the Functional group through SE80

Regards,

Sri

0 Kudos

You should give the Package which starts with 'Z' ( Not standard package used for material / matreial group).

For Function Group also you can give any name starts with 'Z'.

Then click on 'Create' button on the maintanance generator and proceed.

Hope it will help.

Former Member
0 Kudos

You must have to provide custom package and custom function group to create table maintenance generator. It should not take any standard package or function grp. You can provide any name as Function group according to naming standards or just give the table name. Then if you want to save and activate that then it will ask you to create FGRP. Create that and go forward.

Mrinmoy