cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Split valuation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Gurus,

I have activated split valuation.If maintain a price for one value type inMMR & for other as zero.What happens during GR for both the materials?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

If split valuation activated, you have one material with 2 valuation types, one with value and one without value, if MAP is maintained for valuation with value the GR will change the MAP if price different, and for GR with no value will end up with zero value of 2nd split valuation, but if the GR is with value what the value of that GR will update as a MAP value in accounting 1 view.

regards,

qsm sap

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

>

> Gurus,

> I have activated split valuation.If maintain a price for one value type inMMR & for other as zero.What happens during GR for both the materials?

If split valuation activated, you have one material with 2 valuation types, one with value and one without value, if MAP is maintained for valuation with value the GR will change the MAP if price different, and for non value, when GR received, price of GR will be updated for the valuation type ACCOUNTING 1 view of no value.

Edited by: Afshad Irani on Jun 22, 2010 9:39 AM

former_member187989
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Whatever valuation type,it will valuate material with goods receipt/p.o price.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Is it possible to see the stock seperately for different valuation type?

former_member187989
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check this link [SAP Split Valuation for Materials |http://www.sap-img.com/mm025.htm]

Former Member
0 Kudos

>

> Hi,

> Is it possible to see the stock seperately for different valuation type?

Definitely, you can check the stock in any report i.e. MMBE, the difference here will be the stock will appear with valuation type or if batch management is enabled, through batch numbers assigned to the valuation type of the material.

Without batch management it should read as follows e.g.

valution type 0 = 100

2 = 50

3 = 75

With batch management assigned e.g.

Batch No. Prd_0 for valuation 0 = 100

Prd_2 for valuaton 2 = 50

You can see the same in any stock report or even in MM03.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes you can its an standard functionality, becase this is the purpose of split valuation like in MMBE, even while doing you can issue separately like some time you dont need to issue imported valuation type material to a local purchase but for export sales order you have to use high quality product so you issue imported raw valution type to production.

regards,

qsm sap

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes...you can check the same in MMBE as well as in MB5B

Regards,

Indranil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think the best way to see the stock is to create 2 s.loc & receive material accodingly.

Former Member
0 Kudos

It depends upon your need....The very importance of split valuation is the need raise by the accounts department to valuate the same material in different g/l account...now this cannot happen through storage location since valuation depends at plant level and not storage location level....

Regards,

Indranil

Former Member
0 Kudos

>

> Hi,

> I think the best way to see the stock is to create 2 s.loc & receive material accodingly.

It depends on the requirement whether you want S/L for every valuation type, basically one S/L can have lots of valuation types. Only in this case in MMBE report will show plant, S/L, then the valuation types under the S/L and there numbers.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

Bhatiyaji & arshad i dont see any stock with split valuation both in MMBE & MB5B.How to see?

Former Member
0 Kudos

>

> hi,

> Bhatiyaji & arshad i dont see any stock with split valuation both in MMBE & MB5B.How to see?

My second post, describes how MMBE will look with split valuated stock. You need to make sure, you have some stock available in the valuation type of that material and valuation type is on, and pull the report with material No. and plant only, if posting is done in other plant, just pull the report through material No.

Former Member
0 Kudos

In MB5B you run the report by choosing the check box against Valuated Stock and in settings tick against Totals Only-Non-Hierarchy display...now after running the report double click on the material code...in the next screen slect Cltrl+F8...now from here select Valuation type from Hidden fileds....

Otherwise

In the same report enter the valuation type while running the report.

Regards,

Indranil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Now i am able to see the stock.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I want see a consolidated report for 100 materials,without double clicking on material how?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Then one of the best way is first go to spro..mm...inventory Management and Physical Inventory..Reporting..Define Field Selection for Material Document List...here tick both the check box against RM07DOCS-MSEG-BWTAR...and save

Now try to use the report MB51

Regards,

Indranil

Former Member
0 Kudos

>

> Hi,

> I want see a consolidated report for 100 materials,without double clicking on material how?

Report MB52 will fulfill your requirement.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

There is no need for the creation of seperate storage location.You can able to see the material with different valuation types in MMBE itself.

Regards,

velu