SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restrict dunning activity by Clerks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

we want to restrict the dunning activity by contract accounts per clerk. for e.g we want

clerk A should dun contracts accounts starting from 1

clerk B should dun contracts accounts starting from 2

clerk C should dun contracts accounts starting from 3

Is there any standard configuration or enhancement we need to do to achieve this

Parveen

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

AmlanBanerjee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

After the assignment of the authorization group at the contract account level, you need to assign that authorization group to the individual role of the user\clerk, from which dunning is happening.

Go to the authorization tab of the role and assign the authorization group that you have maintained at the contract account level.

Please get in touch with your basis team for assignment of the authorization group against the user ID role.

Thanks,

Amlan

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

william_eastman
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Parveen:

The dunning transaction is designed to be run only once for all accounts, not many times by users, and not online during business hours. Otherwise you will likely encounter locking issues and performance problems. Your dunning rules should dictate what occurs for an account - so the user executing the run is not material.

In spite of this, if you still pursue this course, then you can use the execution variant as well as try event 1708 and 1796.

regards,

bill.

AmlanBanerjee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

There is an authorization group field (FKKVKP-BEGRU) at the contract account level.

You can map these field with the respective users.

Now, if you try to run the dunning for a contract acount for which the authorization gr is not mapped, SAP will not allow you to perform the dunning run.

Thanks,

Amlan

0 Kudos

Hi Amlan

Thanks for the reply.

I tried to assign authorisation group to contract account and performed dunning run. Still the system able to dun that contract and did NOT give me any message. Can you please elaborate on how to achieve this as may be i missing out something

Parveen

AmlanBanerjee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Parveen,

Authorization Groups are used to restrict the users for processing the different activities..

You just create an authorization group according to your requirements and assign it to

the roles of different users.In order to carry out a specific activity, the user must have authorization for the combination of the activity and the authorization group.

Moreover, there are some Business Add-In's (BAdI's) that might be helpful:

BUPA_AUGRP - BUPA_FURTHER_CHECKS - BUPA_F4_AUGRP.

Go to Transaction SE80 and give package as BUPA to view the whole list of authorization objects.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Amlan

0 Kudos

Hi Amlan

Thanks for the information.

My preference would be to use authorisation groups before i look into BADI.

I have assigned authorisation groups to the contract account and still the system include them in dunning run.

Is it working at your end? Are you able to restrict the contract account that a particular clerk can dun?

Parveen

AmlanBanerjee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

After the assignment of the authorization group at the contract account level, you need to assign that authorization group to the individual role of the user\clerk, from which dunning is happening.

Go to the authorization tab of the role and assign the authorization group that you have maintained at the contract account level.

Please get in touch with your basis team for assignment of the authorization group against the user ID role.

Thanks,

Amlan