cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

portal custom files/pages

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are implementing a portal application on sap portal system that has just the ep-core piece (no kmc). We are now required to put some custom thml pages on this server, can someone suggest a location on the portal server on where to put these files. Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mike ,

If you are wanting to make this content available to end users then what you can do is create an Abstract Portal component in NWDS and call a JSP in that . This jsp will be a part of the pagelet folder of your project . Put your html code inside that jsp . Now deploy your component as a par on the server and create an iview out of it . When you now test , it should display html contents .

Another way is , put your html file in a seperate server and create a URL iview in EP based on its location in the other server . I guess this should also work .

Regards

Mayank

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Ansar and Myank.

Is there any step-by-step document you can share for this?

Thanks - Mike

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi MIke,

I have the document with me. If you can share your email id. I will send it to you.

Thanks,

Ansar.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mike,

The HTML pages cannot be made to run directly in portal. Instead we need to create applications, which are called as portal components or services. The portal developement is done in NetWeaver Developer Studio environment where the applications are created and deployed into the portal server. While deploying the developed application is archived as .par (Portal Archieve).

The SAP WAS Documentation under Help of NWDS will give you more explanation of portal developments.

Please look into the below link, which will be a starting point for portal developments.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/dc/165e42ff93c153e10000000a1550b0/frameset.htm

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Ansar.