cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MDM 7.1 Upgrade from 5.5

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts:

We are going through the upgrade of MDM to 7.1 version. Everything seemed to be working ok except for the interfaces with outside systems, ECC. Do you know where can I find information about upgrading ports? We cannot find it on the installation guide.

When a new port was created in 5.5 it would automatically created a new folder with the port name and the Ready, Exception, Archiving, etc. folders.

The question is, where or how you point those ports to a specific Network drive. We are on Windows.

Any help is greatly appreciated,

Claudia Hardeman

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

>>where or how you point those ports to a specific Network drive

Even in MDM 7.1, as soon as you create a port in Console, it will create Ready,exception folders etc.

Thanks

Aamir

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Aamir,

Do I have to do anything special with the ini files during the upgrade that you know of? How do I point MDM 7.1 to a specific Network drive to know it has to create the folders in that drive?

Thanks,

Claudia Hardeman

former_member205403
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Claudia,

MDM 7.1 installation structure on File system is little different from MDM 5.5.

So, after you upgrade from 5.5 to 7.1 interfaces may stop working (* because path for distribution directory on MDM server is changed).

There are two ways to make interfaces again working:

1. Update New file path for MDM distribution directory-port folder in the interfaces.

or

2. Make change in the MDM 7.1 MDS.INI file so that it still points to the old MDM 5.5distribution directory.

You can choose to go which ever way you want. But I would recommend you to make changes in the interfaces and update then with the new file path. In this way, it won't interfaces won't impact by MDM future patch application.

Hope this will help you. Please revert if you have any question.

Regards,

Shiv