cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Security Access to Parent but not Base member

Former Member
0 Kudos

In BPC Security, Is there a way to provide access to a parent member but not to the children that the parent rolls up to?

The user needs to see the aggregate amount in the Parent, but the requirement is for them to not have access to the child entities that make up that parent.

For example, say Entity is a secure Dimension, and I have Parent MyParent1. Under MyParent I have Child1, Child2, Child3.

The requirement is to allow the user to see the aggregate value in MyParent1, but not be able to see the values in Child1, Child2 or Child3.

Greg

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I haven't done this but,

What if you assign the user to a dedicated MAP with Read / Read&Write to the Parent and Deny one by one the children below it ?

Would you get the result you want ?

Halomoan

Former Member
0 Kudos

I had to get back to the admin. guide to review how map work, it's not 100% clear but I think it's feasible the way you describe it.

0 Kudos

Hi Greg,

When you give access to parent it automatically assigns all the childunder that parent access to it. So you cant give access to only parent.

You can try as suggested by creating a new dimension but it wont be feasible if there are many parent level as well.

Regards

Raman

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think there are 2 possiblities. One is to grant the user his own member access profile (since a user canhave more than 1), and ONLY give him access to the Parent. The non out of the box way I can see doing that is to write the aggregate value to a standalone member in a seperate or same parent hierarchy. That way the values are dsiconnected.

Hope this helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

If I'm not mistaken, once you grant access to a parent, you automatically give access to all of its children.

I agree with the 2nd method, you can create a new member in which you inject the value of the parent (via an MDX formula for example).

Hope this helps