cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error Message as START_FORM is invalid,OPEN_FORM is Missing

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Team,

When i am trying to create a Standard Order using Transaction VA01 and sales document type as OR,when the order is complete and i try to save i get the message as "Error Message as START_FORM is invalid,OPEN_FORM is Missing",look like a SAP SCRIPT issue ,i checked NACE transaction and looks like a PDF form is mentioned there but when i debug the code i get a FORM which is different than one maintained in NACE ,also when i try to look the form in Se71(the one which i got during debugging) i get the message as the Form is not available in Lnaguage EN.

Note sure why i get the message as " START_FORM is invalid,OPEN_FORM is Missing".

Can someone help me on this.

Regards

LK

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

1. If you attempt to use a form that does not exist, OPEN_FORM or START_FORM returns an exception(FORM). If the application does not react to this exception and continues with printing, it terminates with the above-mentioned error.

2. The error can also occur if form printing is implicitly terminated. This happens if a page has no subsequent page and further data is to be printed.

Solution

1. Check in Customizing whether the required form is stored for printing, and whether it exists (transaction SE71, form maintenance).

2. Check whether all pages of your form have a subsequent page. This is often not the case, and the above error occurs when further pages are to be printed.

3. Either a form is not defined for a print list used or an output device assigned to a list does not exist into your system.

Regards,

Chandra Kavali