cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Workitem execution flag by user

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Here is a scenario. We are sending workitems to multiple users for dual/parallel approval ECR/ECO process through a mixture of workflow config, change types and signature strategies. The problem is whenever an user has approved a workitem, the SAP Inbox doesn't show that particular workitem has been executed by that particular approver/user.

Example, User A gets a ECR/ECO approval work item in his inbox. He signs it and saves ok. Since there could be multiple approvers and not all have signed by then, the work item remains in his inbox. The next day/next week, there is another ECR/ECO approval work item that comes to the inbox and the user (mostly engineers and not too SAP-savvy) is confused which one he has signed already since there is NO FLAG that accompanies the work item he has approved laready last day/week.

So, the question is there any way to differentiate executed work items (flags in Inbox etc.) that still remains in the inbox due to incomplete status but has already been executed/approved by that particular user ??

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can go with Dynamic Parallel processing where each user will get a single workitem which is designated to only the User. So if there are 5 users 5 workitems will be generated each for 1 user.

If you want the approver to knoiw about the history then you run a loop step that will get terminated when 5 approver approves. Maintain the agent as 5 users and for each activity step maintain the user who approved in the excluded agent list. You can achive this by doing a binding from activity task container to Workflow Container.

Thanks

Arghadip

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arghadip,

Thank you for the reply but the truth is, we are at a time crunch in our project and the basic solution is already in place . So, given the scenario we are in, when the WIs are executed/approved but nevertheless stayed in the inbox due to dual approval process when other approvers are still waiting to sign it, how can an individual user know ( just by looking at the inbox) whether or not a particular WI has been signed by him/her? This is only for the ease of individual user, so that he/she doesn't have to click through the WIs to know if he has already signed it or not..

Please let me know if you find anything

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you follow my second point in my previous thread the workitem will never appear again to approvers who have already approved. You can also check from the Outbox workitem executed By me.

Thanks

Arghadip

Answers (0)