Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

User Group in HCM

Hi All.

I have a requirement from my client as follows:

The client has a Service Center that deals with HR information, requests from employees, etc. In this Service Center, users will take care of data from several countries - i.e., one user will manage employee's data from US and Canada.

The problem is that when this user have set up his "own data" to UGR = 10, he will be able to manage US specific data, but will not be able to manage Canada specific data. In order to do this, the user will need to change his user group to 07, but then he won't be able to manage US specific data.

I though about some solutions to this, but none is very user friendly, as they require loging in and out each time the user needs to change the country he needs to manage - like building a program to automatically change the User Group, or having one SAP User ID for each country the service center user is responsible for.

Is there a solution for this issue (Using MDM is not an option)?

Please help!

thanks in advance,

Hermes.

Former Member
replied

You can run standard SAP tcode 'O037' (HR Customize user parameter) to switch paramters 'MOL' and 'UGR' to the proper country. I think this will take effect immediately w/o having to logout and log back in.

0 View this answer in context
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question