Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change layout Button In ALV Grid

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have a requirement where I am creating Field Catalogue from Z Table(has 60 fields) for few(12) fields.

The user would like to have the option to add more fields by changing the Layout. But I dont see the Fields in Hidden Column when I click the Change Layout Button in ALV Toolbar. It just displays the Field based on Field Catalogue defined.

Is there a way I can maintain all the fields without being displayed in ALV initally and letting the user select the hidden fields as per their requirement. As happens in SE16 where we can select the fields to be displayed.

Thanks for the support.

6 REPLIES 6

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abhilasa,

For your requierment you have to create the Field catalog for all the 60 fields. Assign the value X to the component no_out of Field catalog for those fields, which you do not want to display initially. But you can choose those fields by clicking on the Change Layout Button.

This will solve your Problem.

Regards

DKS

0 Kudos

Thanks, this is how I defined my Field Cataloge initially. But I dont see the fields under Hidden Column.

0 Kudos

Hi Abhilasa,

If you have also passed value X to the compnent TECH of the fieldcatlog, then it will not show in the hidden field list also.

So in debugging check the value of TECH in the fieldcatlog internal table for those fields.

Please check and let me know.

Regards

DKS

0 Kudos

no I didn't set TECH as "X". what I am wondering is that may be due to the table structure which has no data elements, hence no labels being showing up under Hiddden columns. I put labels for each field, it shows up now.

0 Kudos

Please close the thread, if your issue is solved..

Regards

DKS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abhilasha,

In the reuse_alv function module we can see a field I_SAVE.If you pass this as 'X' then the option of saving the layout variants are available.

Create a layout by,selecting just the fileds required for display and set it as the default variant.It can be made Global or user-specific.But we need to declare all fields in the fieldcatalog.

So if the default variant is set,everytime the program is run it shows only the fields selected in it but can select more form the change layout option.

Hope it helps.

Regards

Byju