Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple Sync Response Interchange

former_member212816
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am working on a synchronous interface with PI as middle ware system. PI is receiving a request from a third party system as a web service. PI is sending the data to SAP as an inbound proxy. In the inbound proxy I have the code to some recording to create a request number and a BDC recording to create a service request in SAP. I have enclosed the BDC recording in the custom function module and called the custom function module in the inbound proxy. Once the processing is done, the response i.e. the service request number is returned back to the source system as a response via PI system.

This synchronous scenario works without any issues when I receive the single request from the source system. However when multiple users send the request message, the processing happens successfully; however the issue is that the response (service request numbers) are interchanged. Meaning...the response of the first source message is returned to the second source message and the response of the second source message is returns to the first source message.

Has any one of you faced a similar situation? If yes, how were you able to resolve the issue?

Please let us know, what could be the possible reason for such interchange of response messages?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Thanks,

Manohar Dubbaka.

1 REPLY 1

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

that is really strange !. in sync scenario request message will wait till response for that message is sent back to sending ssytem.

then only next message will be processed.

however your PI consultant can use EOIO queue for this interface so that messages will be processed in order but remember if message fails in PI then all remaining messages will be strcuk !

Suresh