Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

scheduling

ansar_shaikh2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear PS gurus,

Confirmation parameter OPST: propose dates is tick.

While scheduling eg: Iam having 3activities

1st activity: starting from 18th june having FS relationship with 2nd activity: duration 5days

2nd activity: starting from 25th june

3rd activity:

when i confirm my 1st activity of 5days which is at 22nd june & reschedule it the system takes dates wrt to confirm date of 1st activity. that comes to 29th june to 2nd activity.

Is this related to confirmation parameter.

Regards,

AHS

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

ansar_shaikh2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Let me elaborate this in a better way:

Assume we have below situation :

Activity 1, start date 18/06/2010

Activity 2, start date 25/06/2010 - FS relation ship with Activity.1 - 5 days

In case Activity 1 confirmed date = 22/06/2010, after rescheduling from within transaction CJ20N, system takes this date into account and as a consequence of that, Activity 2 start date becomes 29/06/2010

Rescheduling from CJ20N transaction should act in the same way as transaction CAT5 with the option "Transfer without dates"'.

Regards,

AHS

Former Member
0 Kudos

CAT5 does not do rescheduling, it just updates the actual start and finish date for activity 1. After transfer of actual dates information to project, the project does the rescheduling in CJ20N (either manually or automatically). If you choose the option "transfer without dates" in CAT5, the acutal dates will not be transferred , hence you will not get the rescheduling for next activity.

Hope it is clear now.

Regards,

Mahendra

ansar_shaikh2
Contributor
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

former_member203108
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Why dont you read F1(help) document for propose dates function?

ansar_shaikh2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Thats wht i posted query in sdn, by f1 help , iam confused with confirmation dates.

will you please elaborate.

my scheduling dates are changing wrt confirm date.

Regards,

AHS

former_member203108
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Propose dates will not affect your re-scheduled date...If you want to know why system is considering the confirmed date during calculation of scheduled date, then, I would suggest you to read SAP HELP files, explanation is provided in it.