Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S_TABU_LIN for multiple tables.

0 Kudos

Hi all,

I've tried to switch on S_TABU_LIN authorizations for few tables. I've found for one

attribute you can define just one field from single table.

When I've tried to customize few attributes (all of them for the same field -> WERKS) and for each of attribute define different table it doesn't work. Does it exist andy method to customize few tables for chack against S_TABU_LIN?

Or maybe the only way is to define for each table different oranizational criteria?

Best regards:

Lukasz Tylutki

10 REPLIES 10

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Did you flag the table-ind flag? If yes,then it should effect maintence of all tables whose key fileds are related to domain specified in attributes.

2. check in se11->table name->WERK is a key filed or not?

Thanks,

Sri

0 Kudos

Hi,

1. The flag is not set because I need it for just few tables.

2. Yes the plant is the key.

The problem I have it works for one table described as a single field in single attribute of org. My actual question is

if I can specify (but still specify) more table then one?

Best regards:

Lukasz TYlut Tylutki

0 Kudos

Hi,

As said,The flag is not set because I need it for just few tables.

Then you can restrict only for one table.

If you want to restrict for mutiple tables,then you have set the flag.

go thru these documents...

http://csc-studentweb.lr.edu/swp/Berg/Conferences/SAP_NW2008_and_Admin_2008/ADMIN/Track3/Track3_sess...

http://www.cumulusiq.com/contents/search_detail/1409-line-oriented-security-in-sap-with-s_tabu_lin

Thanks,

Sri

Former Member
0 Kudos

S_TABU_LIN is not scalable for large numbers of tables. It is usefull for "current settings" sometimes but after that it gets "shady".

Which tables are these?

A report (perhaps a standard one?) checking an appropriate application object with WERKS as a field seems logical.

Reports can also use logical databases, with native checks in them when accessing tables - also slightly logical but not without controvercy..

Cheers,

Julius

0 Kudos

Hi,

I need to switch it on for some Z tables. Let's say they are like customisation tables ;).

I've checked it and if the check box table_independed is checked it works for all tables despite ones customized in

attributes.

"The oganizational criterion affects the maintenance of the tables listed in the attributes. This is usually only one or a small number."

It seems this "or small number" doesn't work. If I try customize for one attribute more tables I'm geting the error:

"several fields for attribute not yet supported".

When few attributes exist for the same domain (werks) and different tables it seems no checks are performed.

Now I have to customize new org. criteria for each table.

Best regards:

Lukasz TYLUT Tylukti

0 Kudos

tyl,

As you have created cust z tables. And in that you want to restrict few of them.

remove the key field from the z tables which you do not want to restrict. once you remove the key field,check doesnt take place.

And see to thay check box table_independed is checked .

Thanks,

Sri

Edited by: sri on Jun 22, 2010 10:19 PM

0 Kudos

Hi,

If something is set as a key it was done with purpose

Best regards:

Lukasz TYLUT Tylutki

0 Kudos

Hi,

Thats true. It will act as primary key.

Thanks,

Sri

0 Kudos

For z-tables you can consider the option of using the table maintenance generator.

You can add your own checks in there.

Cheers,

Julius

0 Kudos

Hi,

of course we can always use our coding and even Z auth. objects. But we wanted to avoid it (we have hundreds Z tables).

No I'm customizing for each table one organizational criteria.

Best regards:

Lukasz Tylutki