cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Regarding System Landscape Directory Migration

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

How can we migrate SLD from BI development server to Production System.

Our scenario is, currently our sld resides on the BW development server, which means that there is an impact to Production functionality relying on SLD (eg Planning Modeller) when SAP is unavailable on Development.

So how can we move our sld ? any documents ? or any suggestion ?

What are the options available to overcome the issues which i have discussed.

Thanks,

Deepak

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Deepak-

Read this note might help you..720717 ( Reduce the number of System Landscape Directories (SLD)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Guys,

I have gone through the replied but i coudnt find my solution.

As i have discussed if my development system down then it will impact on Production System. So in this case we have to migrate it on Production System. So how can we do that ?

I have found in reply there is a link given but this link describes about XI. We have production system so we have different procedure.

Kindly guide.

Deepak

Former Member
0 Kudos

Deepak,

The SLD scenarios and recommended ways explained in the SLD planning guide.

Nevertheless you can follow the steps outlined below.

There are two choice for you specific to your case.

Either move the SLD connection to PRD BI system or synchronize the DEV SLD with PRD SLD.

I would consider the second option.

If you want to snap the ties with DEV SLD and connect to PRD SLD, follow the process given below.

On your BI Abap stack, you need to correct the following.

1. tcode SLDAPICUST

2. tcode RZ70(change the target SLD host and gateway port, then initialize the transfer)

On your BI java stack,

1.you have correct SLD data supplier and CIM to the PRD SLD details and initiate the data transfer

2. If you have configured any WebDynpro destinations in the DEV SLD, you need to configure it in the PRD SLD.

If you want to pursue the synchronizing option, then read the content given below.

Link: [https://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/764393]

Link: [SLD Planning Guide|http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/e0a1a8fb-0527-2a10-f781-8b67eab16582?quicklink=index&overridelayout=true]

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vijay,

Thanks for your reply. I feel this information is very useful.

Could you please describe the second option. ? how can we go about ? what will be time line and estimate. I am following the link which you have given. But if you could guide little more i can go about.

Thanks

Deepak

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Deepak,

Check the below thread.

Cheers....,

Raghu