cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

R/3 application to be run on the ESS side

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey, guys, I need help. I'm new to ESS, so the question arised. We are planning to create a custom report in R/3. So, I'm wondering if we'll be able to run this report from ESS side? If it is possible, can someone give a basic explanation of what are the steps to proceed?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Pavel,

In order to add iview to ESS role you have to follow Homepage framework.

please follow this link http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/b0e3a488-cdc2-2b10-209b-e01a0ed93...

Thanks

Bala Duvvuri

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks guys for your answers. They were helpful indeed.

former_member248450
Active Participant
0 Kudos

I am guessing this is what you are trying to achieve. You are creating a custom report and want to see this report along with other applications in ESS.

To do this. First create a web application for the report. Then you have to create an iview for this webapplication on portal and later add this iview to the ESS role and users with ESS role can see this report.

Thanks,

Raj.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raj,

Thanks for a prompt answer,

If I understand correctly, while creating a web application I'll have a chance to transform a backend program to the web program, right?

Thanks,

Pavel.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pavel,

The simplest way to display the custom reports of R/3 in you ESS portal is create the Tcodes using SE93 for those custom reports in R/3 and then create the Transaction iViews in your ESS portal and assign to required ess users.

Else if you want good web look and feel then create BSP applications in R/3 and create BSP iViews in portal and assign to the ess users.

Regards

Basha