cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Excise transaction flow

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All

Can someone guide me step by step transaction of excise in MM and SD, like first we create PO-Me21N then MIGO without Excise Duty then J1i5 to update Part ! postings in RG23A etc etc.

This will be really appreciated if someone can give the complete excise cycle with the example of one PO created in MM.

Regards

Mukta

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member187989
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

When you do GR for part 1 without excise duty,select only part 1 & post gr with excise.

RG23A Part 1 will be automatically updated when u post gr with excise for this case.

Check this SAP help link http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp60_sp/helpdata/en/09/ebf138cdd78a4be10000000a114084/frameset.htm

to know more above excise transactions work.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jaya

Thanks for the link. One more clarification, when we posted PO for 10 qty of material price 11.67 each, and assigned tax code V2 for which we maintain excise rate 8% (condition type JMOP) in FV11 and VAT Rate (JVRD) 12.5% in FV11.

We also maintain J1iD with material/plant/vendor/excise inficator 1 and excise rate 8%.

Now at the time of MIGO_GR we have captured and posted excise invoice, it has created two doc, one is material doc and one is excise doc.

Material Doc-- Inventory account 140,29 DR

GR/IR clearing a/c 140,29 CR

Excise doc - Basic Excise Duty 8 DR

cenvat clearing account 8 CR

It has also updated Part 1 and Part 2 register of RG23A and monthly return.

Now at the time of MIRO, it is generating below entry--

GR/.IR clearing 140,29 DR

Cenvat Clearing a/c 8 DR

Vat payable a.c 15.59 DR

TDS 2.90 CR

Material A/c 23.93 CR (total of ex and vat, but diff in decimals)

Vendor a/c 137.39 CR

Here we have confustion why material account is getting credited by ex and vat amount.

Request you to please clarify this, if you can.

Regards

Mukta

former_member187989
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Problem may with tax condition type,Check all condition types in M/06.

Also check in J1ID material is maintained as cenvatable.

Check this link [J1ID Querries|;

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Thanks for the forum link, it was very helpfull. But if I go with the answers of this forum, I am again facing the issues.

I am using ZTAXIN (copy of Taxin to add vat condition type).

I created a tax code V2 in FTXP, no maitained any tax rate overhere. In FV11 I maintained tax rate for condition type JMOP- excise BED %.

In J1ID we maintained --

Chapter ID

Material Cghapter ID combination

Cenvat Determination

Vendor Excise detail

Excise indicator for Plant

Excise indicator for Plant and Vendor

Excise rate

Here in excise rate we maintained 10 in Excise rate and 10 in excise rate duty.

In MIGO in excise tab BED value is coming 10 in specific and it is not calculating as per base value of PO which is 5000 INR and qty 10.

If we remove Excise duty rate from J1id then no value is coming in MIGO and it is not creating any excise invoice as well.

Can you please suggest where is rthe missing link.Why not it is calculating correct excise value, if PO base value is 5000 then if we maintain excise rate 10% it should calculate as 500 .

Regards

Mukta

kunal_ingale
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi

check that you have maintained the excise duty rate field in j1id

now check the tax code you have created

check the ACCESS SEQUENCE which ur using in bed condition

(refer JMOP condition )

regardshttp://help.sap.com/erp2005_ehp_03/helpdata/EN/08/34bc3cdc322866e10000000a114084/frameset.htm

kunal

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI

Excise Duty rate is maintained in J1id along with Excise rate.

Tax code V2 created in FTXP

Access sequence is Plant/Material/Vendor for JMOP a nd rate 10 % is maintained with tax code V2.

Regards

Mukta

former_member187989
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Excise indicator for Plant
Excise indicator for Plant and Vendor
Excise rate

Don't maintain settings for above in J1ID.Then check excise values are calculated first in p.o,

then in g.r for rates maintained in conditon records.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI

Actually I removed this in J1ID as well, then it is not capturing Excise value in GR.

In PO it is calculating as per condition record but in GR zero value is coming in Excise tab if I don't maintain in J1id, If I maintain then specidic value is coming irrespective to base value, i.e. same excise value for all PO.Though I maintain Excise rate and excise duty rate and only excise rate as well, but nothing is giving accurate result.

Excise default also maintained for BED setoff % with condition type JMOP.

Regards

Mukta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I am able to resolve this excise rate flow in GR at correct value no, by removing all the setting and maintaining J1ID again.

Now in PO rate is calculating as per condition record and in GR in excise tab BED is coming correctly, and posted to Excise Duty debit and Cenvat clearing Credit.

At the time of MIRO , it is debiting cenvat clearing ,GR/IR and Vat payable and crediting Material account and Vendor account.

Here have only confusion if reducing Material accountg is correct or not. If anyone can suggest please.

Further have another issue with FI direct invoice postings. Though I have created tax codes in FTXP and since taxin applied it is not accepting any rate determination in FTXP .So tax code in FTXP is having blank fields in all conditions.

Now in FB60 if I am using any of the tax code from dropdown it is saying this tax code doesnot exist in tax procedure TAxIN, hence not able to use any tax code in direct FI invoice posting, can anybody suggest what to do now.

I tried to create condition record for MWST tax type and used this for one condition record JIPL, but still FB60 is saying the tax code not defined in tax procedure TAXIN.

Regards

Mukta