Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

POWL autorefresh settings

former_member252154
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi warriors,

Can you share your settings with IMG activity "Define Number and Intervals of Iterations for Automatic Refresh of the POWL"?

That is not 100% clear in my mind what they call "Iteration Attempts".

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, all

See note: 1440946, it has some explaination regarding this.

To know if the update task was already finish and POWL can be refreshed there is a

mechanism implemented. POWL tries to get the lock for the updated

document and if it gets this lock that means that update task is

finished and POWL can be refreshed. Currently POWL tries to get this

lock twice in-between it is waiting for 10 seconds. That means that

latest after 20 seconds if POWL didn't succeed in getting the lock the

POWL won't be refreshed. With this note a customizing for the iteration

and waiting time between the iteration is provided. So the System

Administrator can easily change the predefined iteration number of 2 and

waiting time of 10 seconds according to system performance.

See more from SAP online help regarding function of "Automatic Refresh".

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_srm70/helpdata/EN/80/c8cbf89a394eaaa59767d0faf958d3/frameset.htm

Regards

Lauren

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Here you go..

SAP recommends Auto Refresh of POWL with SRM7 SP06.

1438945 - SAP Note Auto Refresh

Beware.

Thanks

Symptom

If user creates a new document or changes an existing one these changes are not immediately reflected in the shown POWL. User has to refresh the POWL manually via refresh button or link. With this note this behavior will be corrected and the changes will be reflected in the POWL without any user interaction.

!!!!!Attention: This feature is valid for SRM 7.0 SP05 only. For the SPs below SP05 there is no support for customizing switches and therefore no support for POWL automatic refresh. But from SAP side ist is strongly not recommended to implement this functionality via this note but via applying the SP06 only as this note conntains a lot of manual corrections which are very risky and critial to implement!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

I found no relevant documentation for this setting in IMG or help portal. I hope that SAP provides it soon.

However if I have to guess - if this setting is turned on, portal is to pull information from SRM server at an interval (defined in this setting). In the event that SRM server is unavailable or other errors occurs during the refreshing process, it would be a good idea to stop the data retrieval (pulling) after a maximum number of attempts in order not to waste system resource. And this parameter "iteration" is to set the max. number of attempts. My guess only.

former_member252154
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Jay.

Will check that.

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

[;

[http://help.sap.com/saphelp_srm70/helpdata/EN/80/c8cbf89a394eaaa59767d0faf958d3/frameset.htm]

HTH,

Chandu

Edited by: Chandrahasan H on Jun 22, 2010 12:48 PM