cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Switch or Simple procedure to Delete the job?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I want to delete all the data which are less than 6 months I have changed the staus from del to arch for those data which need to archived .I am really confused on selecting the delete procedure whether to select simple or switch

in my data base there are more than 500000 to be delete

The simple deletion procedure deletes all XML messages flagged for deletion or archiving from the database tables in records.

it is saying will delete all the records which are flagged for archiving also

in switch it is taking copy of the table to another i want to reduce the space from my data base

Kindly suggest me how can i achive my goal

Thanks

Jayaraman

Edited by: Jayaraman P on Jun 21, 2010 4:05 PM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Messages having status ARCH will not be deleted by the deletion job. only the messages having status DEL will be deleted by deletion job RSXMB_DELETE_MESSAGES.

This message status can be checked by the status of ITFACTION of SXMSPMAST table.

The type of deletion procedure simple or table swith has no effect on the messages that will be selected for deletion.

The messages that has the flag ARCH can be deleted only by the ARCHIVE job. Archive job has two steps it first archive those messages in to file system RSXMB_ARCHIVE_MESSAGE and then delete by RSXMB_DELETE_ARCHIVED_MESSAGES.

Please check the note Note 872388 - Troubleshooting Archiving and Deletion in PI for further assistance.

Thanks,

Francis

Edited by: Francis M. A. on Jun 21, 2010 5:13 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Thanks for your reply

But in sap help it is mentioned like this

Simple Deletion Procedure

The simple deletion procedure deletes all XML messages flagged for deletion or archiving from the database tables in records.

This procedure is recommended when small volumes of XML messages are to be processed by the Integration Engine. However, large data volumes have an adverse effect on performance during the deletion process. For this reason, the switch procedure is recommended when processing large volumes of messages.

Thats what really confused me .

Thanks

Jayaraman

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks