cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Table personalization and sorting

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I need allow the user to personalize table columns he/she can see.(I have a table with a lot of columns and each user need to see different columns). Is it possible?(sb said me that it was possible with PDV but it is deprecated now).

Next thing is that i need to add buttons to each column header of table for sorting by this column value, how to do it?

thanks

Jiri Juranek

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

as long as table personalization is not yet provided by the Web Dynpro framework:

To show a user-specific subset of all table columns, you could do something like:

- Store the user-specific configuration in some controller context (which gets filled from the backend or something...)

- If you have a fixed set of columns, you could provide a corresponding set of boolean view context attributes that represent the column visibility. Bind the IWDTableColumn.visible property for each column to the corresponding attribute

- If your column set is completely dynamic, you could set the column visibility by writing some code in the wdDoModifyView() method

Sorting a table:

See the table tutorial

Regards, Armin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Anybody knows how soon (if ever) table personalization and

sorting functionality will be provided by Web Dynpro framework?

Yuri

detlev_beutner
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jiri,

for the sorting topic, you already have encountered this thread /thread/16417 [original link is broken] The answer Stefan Batzdorf gave is the way it should be done. For the sorting implementation, maybe some code gets posted, if not, it shouldn't be that problem to get it on your own. I'm thinking about doing it a generic way, maybe a nice topic for a weblog, but my time... my time...

For the personalization topic: The PDV supported this (at least the doc said so, see https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/com.sap.km.cm.docs/documents/a1-8-4/portal data viewer presentation ). But: The PDV is not longer supported itself.

So it seems the only way to achieve this goal is implementing it by your own hands... This could also be a nice task to do it generic to be reusable with every table(view).

Hope it helps

Detlev

PS: Ooops, didn't realize that it was the webdynpro forum; sorry, sorry, sorry (but it was the PDV hint which lead me on the wrong track).

Message was edited by: Detlev Beutner