cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Material where-used-count

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello together,

I've got a list of materials, with about 50000. For each of those I need to see in how many BOM they are used or not.

This should result in a table that gives me a column with the materialnumber and a column with the used-count.

So for this is there any transaction code? Or perhaps any other solution?

I know that it can be possible to use transaction cs15. But this allows only one material in a run. I need this for about 50000, so it is not possible to do it by hand.

Regards,

Flo

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please check for the authorization of T Code SQVI or ask to your administrator to provide authorization of same as we can create simple report with help of this transaction by using below importent BOM tables.

BOM Tables

1) STPO - BOM item

2) STKO - BOM Header

3) MAST - Material to BOM Link

In all above table, one field is common i.e STLNR (BOM No - We can check this no in Bom header CS02).

Linking Process

1) First link first two table

2) Then link STKO & MAST

Linking will be based on common field i.e STLNR.

Chetan

former_member196530
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear ,

Dear

Please try your case with function Module CS_BOM_EXPL_MAT_V2. you can use this fuction module in your programe.

Go to se37 excute above the fuction module with following parameters.

CAPID: PP01

DATUV: today date

MTNRV: your input Matarial

STPST: BOM LEVEL (Like 0,1,2...)

WERKS: your plant Number.

Dont change rest of the field.Then excute, it will explode the BOM upto low level components. you can restrict using STPST field for some level.

Otherwise try below user exit :-

PCSD0005 BOMs: component check for material items

PCSD0007 Check changes in STKO

PCSD0011 Knowledge-based order BOM, parallel update

PCSD0013 Customer-specific processing of an explosion for BOM browser

SAP Txn :S_ALR_87012960

Regards

JH

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Please generate a prog for using the function module for BOM explosion CS_BOM_EXPL_MAT_V2.

For juct checking if the materials are being used in BOM, you can extract the BOM no form table STPO by passing the component in field IDRNK. This is simple but lacks refinement.

Please revert back if you need any clarification.

BR

Guru

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Guru,

I'm not able to generate any progs. I'm using SAP just as an simple user with min rights.

I've been hopeful that there ist any "ready" transaction for my problem.

It's not enough if I just can see if the material is been used in a bom or not. The list should give me a number of uses.

Regards

Flo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

There is no std. program which does multiple material where-used.

Contact your SAP consultant & provide him / her with your business requirements. Then the consultant will write down the functional specification of the program & the technical person will develop the same.

Good luck.

Regards,

Vivek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello together,

thanks for your help.

Looks like I have to contact our SAP admin and show him my requirements.

If someone has another good tip or information, I'm always open for some advice.

So long,

Flo