cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transportation Cost for a raw material in ck11n

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

I have run in ck11n cost estimate for raws materiales of plant B which are manufactured in plant A. I have got to transfer the production cost estimate of plant A, when I execute the ck11n in plant B for this raw material.

But I am trying to add the transportation cost to the cost estimate of this raw material, and I don`t get it.

I try to carry the tranportation cost using overhead cost, but it doesn`t run for raw materials when I calculate its cost estimate in ck11n. The same overhead runs properly when I calculate the cost estimate for a finish producto whose BOM has this raw material.

Please, I need your help. How can I get to carry the transportation cost of the raw material when I execute the ck11n for it?

Thanks very much for your help.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm assuming you are using a special procurement key to get the cost from the other plant and that you are using delivery cost settings in the valuation variant to get the transportation costs. Is this correct? If so, this will not work. The system will not pickup delivery costs when using the special procurement key.

One think you may want to try. Instead of using delivery cost in the valuation variant you may want to try using overhead costing sheets or template allocations to pickup the delivery costs. The system will read those when using a special procurement key. However, before it will read those you must first activate badi SUR_STOCK_TRANSF_CK.

Another thing you can do is use an additive cost estimate to bring in the transportation cost. The system will pick that up with the special procurement key if you set your costing variant to alow it.

thanks,

Edited by: rback59 on Jun 21, 2010 8:19 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for you answer,

Yes, I am using the value 80 (Production in other plant) special procurement in the raw material in its master data. But I am not using delivery cost settings in the valuation variant to get the transportation costs. I tried what you tell me, but you are right: "this is not work with special procurement key".

The three posibilities you tell me:

1) I test to carry the transportation cost using a overhead costings but it doesn't work when you execute the ck11n of a raw material with special procurement key.

2) How can I test the template allocations to pickup the delivery costs? Whar is? Please help me.

3) I test the additive cost estimate. But the system doen't search the cost estimitate in the plant which the raw material is manufactured. So I lose this functionality.

Thanks very much.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Reback,

I have activated the BADI SUR_STOCK_TRANSF_CK and the system doesn't carry overhead cost into cost estimate.

I have made the next one in the system: I eliminate the special procurement key from master data and excecute the ck11n for the raw material and the system calculate the overhead costs. So it's clear: the overhead costs don't work if the material has a a special procurement key.

I think that this is not correct, so I am going to look for a note OSS. Do you know about any note OSS which solves it.

If there is no any, do you know about other way to carry the transportation costs?

Thanks very much

Former Member
0 Kudos

My guess is the problem is you are using special procurement key 80 (production in other plant) and not 40 (stock transfer). I think production in other plant does not allow overhead.

If you really need to use 80 from a logicistic perspectiver, here is a suggestion. Enter special procurement key 40 in the costing 1 view of the material master and 80 in the MRP2 view. That way the logistics people can still use 80 for their purposes, but from a costing perspective, the system will use 40.

thanks,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for the BADI information. After configuring my costing sheet & detail (Calc base, OH Grp, OH Key, Qtn Based OH, Credit key, Origin Grp) I wasn't able to get freight overhead ($0.10/kg) on my receiving plant standard costs in scenario external procurement "F", special procurement defined. By this I simply mean a plant to plant transfer within the same company code. I found SAP documentation that said even if you try to take additive costs and apply OH, after setting that indicator in the valuation variant it will have no effect when transferring a cost estimate from one organizational unti to another (stock transfer).

As a result, I implemented SUR_STOCK_TRANSF_CK (Overhead on Materials with Stock Transfer Between Plants) after activating the two exporting (out-going) parameters EX_SURCHARGES_ACTIVE and EX_KALSM_RAW so they were "on" and not "off" (XFAG = on). Next, went to test material in receiving plant and ran CK11N and my freight cost was there as a freight cost line item in cost itemization and correctly calculated. Now that I have it in planning for std cost, for actuals I will run "Apply Overhead" tcode CO43 at period end closing. Since freight will show up as target costs on process order it needs an actual posting (tcode CO43) and the actual cost sheet rate will calculate and post debit to process order on the freight line item matching up against the target, then offset against internal order (defined as offset default co object in the credit key) with a credit. Next, AP pays the freight bill and charges the Internal Order. On the Internal Order we have now a debit (actual frt) and credit (std frt amt) and the difference (balance on order) is freight variance which can be settled to GL P&L account and now the order balance for the month is $0.00 and the order is fully settled.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you folks.

Implementing SUR_STOCK_TRANSF_CK worked for us.

Relevant OSS notes are:

- 1272307 - Costing sheet for overhead rates for stock transfer

- 1342272 - Incorrect costing sheet for raw material in stock transfer

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check in the definition of the valuation variant assigned to the costing Variant, TCode OKKN, overhead tab, if you have assigned the overhead costing sheet to "Overhead on Material Components". Probably the costing sheet is assigned only to "Overhead on finished and semifinished materials".

Thanks and Regards

Shivram.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your answer.

I tried what you have told me but the overhead costs don't carry to the cost estimate of the raw material.

But the system's behavouir is strange, because if the material in order to calculate its cost estimate, is a finished product. The system carry the overhead cost for the finished product.

How can I solve this?

Thanks again