Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to fetch POWL query name

Chaitanya_Priya
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Can you please let me know how to fetch query name in POWL reports.

Thanks &Regards,

Priya

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

ChrisPaine
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Priya,

what are you trying to do - return the name that the user has assigned to their query within your feeder class implementation? Or is it you want to see what base query a given user is running as part of a debugging session?

I'm a little confused as to your question, could you elaborate please?

Chaitanya_Priya
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

My question is whenever a user is running a POWL report I need to know which POWL query is he running i.e i need to fetch the name of the query .

Regards,

Priya

ChrisPaine
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sorry Priya, I'm again confused, please forgive me it has been a long day.

do you mean:

a) you are writing a monitoring tool which logs all the POWL queries that a user is calling, or

b)you are standing behind a user and looking at their browser window and want to know which POWL query they are using, or

c) you are implementing a feeder class which has different behaviour depending on the query called and you want to know how to differentiate the query within your feeder class code?

If a) - you would need to enhance the standard POWL framework to call some logging tool you designed and built.

b) if in portal - find out which iView they are running - the iVIew should have the application id as a parameter If not in portal - check the URL parameters passed to the POWL again find the application id. Compare this application id with the POWL config, you should be able to work out which query is being called - there may be multiple per application, but it should be pretty obvious.

c) one of the parameters that gets passed to the feeder class is the query id.

Hope this helps, - please let us know if you need more details,

Chris

Chaitanya_Priya
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

What i mean is

b)you are standing behind a user and looking at their browser window and want to know which POWL query they are using,

For example,

I have a POWL report named Candidate Report.

User has created 2 queries names Test1 and Test2 using Define new query.

Whenever user is executing Test1 or Test2 query i need to retrive the name of the query that he is executing.

ie. i need to find out the name of query as Test 1.

Does standard POWL framework has any method where you can retrive this..

Regards,

Priya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Priya,

You can view all the queries using the report POWL_D01. The report heading says 'Delete Queries from database' but you can just view them by giving APPLID/USER. Just check the checkbox 'Display'.

You can view all the user-defined queries including their details.

Regards

Lavanya