cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EVSND and EVGET in BPC 7.5

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

We have problem in one of our inputschedules after upgrading from BPC 5.1 SP 5 on SQL 2005 to BPC 7.5 SP3 on SQL 2008.

This inputschedule uses both EVGET to recive data and EVSND to send data. EVSND formulas references to cells with EVGETs to send in that value. What happends is that when trying to expand och refreshworkbook it will lock down Excel och process for ever. The same inputschedule works fine in BPC 5.1

Regards

Fredrik

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

sorin_radulescu
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

You applied very well that note and that has no impact regarding performances for other things.

I suggest you to check the version of SQL Server because normally this issue was fixed into SQL Server 2008 SP 1 CU 6 or later.

So I'm surprise you have this problem if the version of SQL Server is the one mentioned before.

Regards

Sorin Radulescu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

We applied the note and the specific inputschedule that was very slow worked fine again. But we didn´t try all other reports to check their perfomance was okey before we changed the settings back again.

And we are using SQL 2008 SP CU8 but we still got the problem.

Regards

Fredrik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

Actully the inputschedule dosen´t lock down it just takes very long time to expand.

I have found a solution in note 1456863 which says:

Edit the below SQL file and change the DisableCalcExpressNonEmpty value from 0 to 1, to match the example:

X:Program FilesMicrosoft SQL ServerMSAS10.MSSQLSERVEROLAPConfigmsmdsrv.ini

And this works, but I´m not sure if this change of setting can effect the system performence negitive in any other way, like if we got a lot of MDX calculation.

Anyone got any experience of this change of setting or know what it can effect?

Regards

Fredrik