cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Standard values from an R/3 routing to a PDS in APO

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm using APO V7 connected to R/3 4.7.

In R/3 I have a routing with a single operation, which uses a work centre (category 0001) with a machine capacity and a labour capacity. The standard value just has an entry of 5 minutes for the machine capacity, with 0 for the labour capacity.

The SNP PDS has a correct value of 300 seconds for the machine consumption, but also has a value of 300 seconds for the labour consumption (even though standard value in routing was zero).

Is this the correct behaviour? (I tried to find an explanation in OSS Note 657185, but it's not clear to me what the logic really is!).

Thanks...

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

digambar_narkhede
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi ,

This is a standard behavior...

Here you have a operation in which a workcentre has two capacity categories

1. Machine Capacity 001 and

2. Labour capacity 002

and hence the time till machine capacity is allocated to that operation the labour capacity will also be associated for that operation and so the consumption is shown as 300 sec for the labour(the ratio is 1:1 for workcentre and labour-defined in routing operations detail )

Regards,

Digambar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Digambar,

Thanks for your reply.

It seems that the labour consumption is always equal to the machine consumption regardless of the labour standard values in the routing.

Where is the '1 to 1' ratio in the routing to which you refer? Is this just a default ratio assumed by CIF?

Thanks...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Further to explanation above, I just to want to add that, the resource in APO will the capacity in SAP R/3 in the work center which is marked for scheduling CIFed to APO. In your situation, it looks is it the machine capacity and hence the same values will be assigned to the labor capacity.

Regards

Datta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Datta,

So, it seems the logic used when a routing operation is passed to APO is as follows:

- identify the 'scheduling basis' capacity category of the work centre in the routing operation

- determine the consumption associated with this 'scheduling basis' capacity category (from the standard value in the routing operation)

- all other capacity categories will have the same consumption as the 'scheduling basis' category for the operation in the APO PDS

So, consider a work centre which has these capacities:

- capacity category 001 (machine), used as 'scheduling basis'

- capacity category 003 (labour)

Consider a routing operation which uses this work centre and has standard values of:

- 5 minutes for machine

- 4 minutes for labour

In the APO PDS, there will be consumption values of:

- 300 seconds for machine

- 300 seconds for labour

Is this how you see it?

Thanks...

digambar_narkhede
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi...

The flow is as below .....

-When you maintain a workcentre you define whether it is scheduling relevant ( by selecting a control key in default values tab of Wrokcentre ) so that it can be CIF'd and planned in APO

- Also you define whether it has only machine capacity or both machine & labour capacity(in capacities Tab) associated with it under capacity tab of WC.

- When you maintain a routing you select a operation and select a workcentre for that opr'n - If you want that routing operation to be scheduling relevant again you need to select Control Key(so that operation flows to APO for scheduling).

- In operation sub page under General Data you have option as No of employees or Labour; there you can define how many labours are required for this operation on this machine (by default is one) - ex.When two labours are reqd : one for packing and one for labeling.(this is ratio what I meant; so for this ex. it would be 1:2)

- When you set it as two labour the consumption for Lab resource in APO will be double of the consumption Machine even if you have std value =0 in routing for Lab.

Hope this is more clearer ...please let me know if need more clarifications.

Regards,

Digambar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Digambar,

Thanks for this.

But I cannot get this to work.

I consistently just see the labour consumption = machine consumption; I have tried with the labour capacity as being single mixed an multi mixed in APO.

Are any BADIs required?

Thanks...

0 Kudos

Take a look at OSS 748436 - "Correct demands for capacity non-relevant to scheduling"

This contains BADI code to correctly calculate consumption of other capacities. It only works for standard value keys SAP1 and SAP2 though.

-

-

• With the following implementation we calculate the right duration

• for secondary resources. The implementation is based upon the

• implementaion of the CURTO_MODE_FORMULAS_DET of function group

• PGS2.

• The main idea is to map the standard value keys

• ("Vorgabewertschlüssel") of an operation in such a way that the

• same standard function module for the calculation can be used as

• in the subroutine CURTO_MODE_FORMULAS_DET.

-

-

I think this is what you are after.

Answers (0)