cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SOAP request fail from Altova, but is OK from WSNavigator

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

I've implemented a configuration scenario, that has sender SOAP channel. Actually, everything seems to be OK, however

with testing from the WSNavigator (even from another system), everything seems to be correct and working, while via

testing from Altova XML Spy, the returned error is:

-

cut -

<code>ADAPTER.JAVA_EXCEPTION</code>

<text><![CDATA[

com.sap.aii.af.service.cpa.CPAObjectNotFoundException: Couldn't retrieve inbound binding for the given P/S/A values: FP=;TP=;FS=null;TS=;AN=null;ANS=null;

-

cut -

I've put "Set Adapter-Specific Message Attributes" on SOAP channel, however the problem still appears.

What could be the problem - Should I do an obligatory publish of the SOAP Sender Agreement in SR ? Which will lead me to setupping the UDDI/SR ...

Best Regards,

Lalo

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

sunilchandra007
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Similar discussion .

Regards,

Sunil Chandra

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks a lot Shabarish, maybe it is somehow an Altova issue, since with SOAPUI it is working like a charm!

However, I am wondering if the publish of the SOAP Sender Agreement on ServiceRegistry is still needed (since our SR/UDDI are not configured and thus "Publish in SR" from the Configuration Builder is not working) ?

Do you know if there is suitable resource where is explained the exposition of an internal SOAP endpoint to the external world?

Best Regards,

Lalo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi al,,

today I found out whats the problem is with Altova Soap testing:

Altova is not able to deal with the escape characters in the WSDL. For example:

https://server:port/XISOAPAdapter/MessageServlet?senderParty=XXXXX&amp;senderService=XXXXX&amp;recei...

To solve this problem copy the string in a text editor and past it, then go in altova to SOAP -> Change SOAP Parameters and enter the modified URL

This should work.

br

Florian

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Can you switch to using SOAPUI instead of altova?

testing with Altova has been noticed to give issues at times.

check if the error occurs even when you use SOAPUI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi again,

I have reviewed this thread however it is not clear for me if WSNavigator is wrong or the Altova... Both of them

are taking the WebService endpoint connection URL from the wsdl definition :

<wsdl:service ...>

<wsdl:port ...>

<soap:address location="http://<PI_host>:<PI_port>/XISOAPAdapter/MessageServlet?senderParty=&amp;senderService=<SENDER_SERVICE>&amp;receiverParty=&amp;receiverService=&amp;interface=<SERVICE_INTERFACE_NAME>&amp;interfaceNamespace=<NAMESPACE">

<wsdl:port ...>

<wsdl:service ...>

But WSnavigator is succeeding and Altova not. Does it mean that all external SOAP clients will fail as well? I am also wondering if publishing the sender agreement in Service Registry will help ?

Best Regards,

Lalo