cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to cancel or suspend a process with web service?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Guys.

Is it possible to cancel or suspend a process with web service in CE72 ?

Using NWA for common users are not acceptable in my situation.

Thanks a lot.

BR.

Louis Huang.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

LOUIS.

Please check the below links it may help you.

/people/arafat.farooqui/blog/2009/08/13/introduction-to-sap-netweaver-bpm-part-4

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nwce711/helpdata/en/43/653ecbd99147b6e10000000a11466f/content.htm

Regards

Srikanth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Louis,

Dynamically Canceling or suspending a process is not a part of public API, hence it is not possible to do it outside NWA.

PS- @Srikanth- I could not find any relevant info in the above two links you provided

Regards,

Harsha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have the same issue as Louis. Apart from a web service, is there a way to accomplish canceling, suspending, etc. of processes? Might there be a workaround with the UWL API?

Cheers!

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

According to the reply from SAP, there is no way to cancel a process instance without NWA in CE72,

but it can be done in CE73.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have this requirement in NW 7.3

Can you please suggest how this can be achieved in 7.3?

Thanks

Kshitija

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You could try to use an intermediate event, which would sit and wait in parallel to your main process logic, and then respond accordingly.  See this image for a rough idea:

You could go a step further and create a generic re-usable cancellation process, that you add to all of your other processes as a referenced process - that way you have a standardised way of killing processes that are running.  You could then have a very simplistic custom application to call the intermediate message and kill single or multiple processes in one hit.

Regards,

Gareth.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Ryan,

But my requirement is to have a custom WDJ application which acts like a workflow admin tool.

In that tool, we need to collect all the processes/tasks running for a user.

If a particular process is in error, he should be able to select and suspend it-work on it offline-then resume it.

To achieve this, I would need BPM APIs (classes/methods) for suspending/resuming processes.

I have gone through javadocs but could not find any class with such methods.

Regards,

Kshitija