cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SOLMAN 3.20 CENTRAL DATABASE CD/DVD - where to find it ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I have the following issue:

- I have downloaded mySAP 2004 ERP IDES

- I have successfully installed SOLUTION MANAGER 3.20 CENTRAL INSTANCE from the menu of SDT.

- In order to generate a KEY I need to also install the CENTRAL DATABASE for SOLMAN 3.20 at which point I get the following message:

need the label SAP:SOLMAN:3.20:EXPORT(1.5):. , and the DVD/CD Name is EXPORT DVD.

I searched everywhere for the installation package containing this name or this label but I could not find it anymore.

Please let me know if I can still download SOLMAN 3.20 Oracle Database Export (1/5) OR if there is a way to continue the installation using SOLMAN 7.0.

Thank you very much!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Nibu
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Dan,

In order to download the 3.2 solution manager version components , you need to raise an SAP OSS message since it is an old product and SAP reverted the links. We also faced the same issue when we were doing the system copy and upgrade process of solman 3.2 . Then we raise OSS message and SAP enabled the link or they will send you the CD directly . But I would reccomend you to go for latest solution manager EHP1 if it is a new installation for utilizing all solution manager enhancement features.

Regards,

Nibu Antony

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

volker_deneke
Explorer
0 Kudos

Dear Dan,

why did you install solman 3.20? It is out of maintenance for a couple of years

Go ahead using the latest solman 7.0 EhP1.

best regards,

Volker

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Volker,

It was the only option available in SDT. Please take into account that this is mySAP ERP 2004 installation and when running SAPInst.exe this is the ONLY option for SOLMAN. I would not have even tried to install SOLMAN if mySAP ERP 2004 CENTRAL INSTANCE installation could be started without a SOLMAN key (which, of course is not possible ).

Regards,

Dan

Former Member
0 Kudos

>

> Dear Volker,

>

> It was the only option available in SDT. Please take into account that this is mySAP ERP 2004 installation and when running SAPInst.exe this is the ONLY option for SOLMAN. I would not have even tried to install SOLMAN if mySAP ERP 2004 CENTRAL INSTANCE installation could be started without a SOLMAN key (which, of course is not possible ).

>

> Regards,

> Dan

Dear Dan,

To Generate the SMKEY you need not install Solution Manager 3.2

SMKEY or the installation key can be generated using a Solution Manager 7.0 system as well. Please install a latest version of the Solution Manager system as you would need it in future as well. Also 3.2 version is out of Maintenance. So it will be difficult to download the DVD's or even find them in the download archives for customers. SAP Marketplace would definitely not offer you one at the moment.

Regards

Amit