cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Integration of TREX/Enterprise Search

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

is it possible to integrate TREX/Enterprise Search into a web dypro application? That means the user can put a search string into an input field in a web dynpro application, the request goes to the TREX and the result will be shown in a web dynpro table.

Are there any documentations? How to handle this? I couldn't find anything to manage this.

Thanks.

Regards, Susanne

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

The ABAP Dictionary F4 Search Helps (transaction se11) are supported by Web Dynpro ABAP in the same way as with SAP GUI.

Note that the function module TREX_EXT_SEARCH_DOCUMENTS is an SAP internal interface.

It is not released for customer use, i.e. you cannot claim SAP support for your implementation.

Instead you should use a released search framework, that resides on TREX.

For details read SAP note 1254901 - SES for customer projects on TREX search

If you need a cookbook, how to include your specific search help into a standard F4 search help, you can refer to SAP note 1345777 (FAQ SES), chapter 8.

Cheers, Klaus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks. I will check it.

Regards, Susanne

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Susanne,

Can you please let us know the solution of your problem.Currently we are dealing with the same kind of requirement.Moreover i would be very thankful if you can share your understanding with class CL_RSOS_TREX_SEARCH.

Regards

Ankit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

We have integrated TREX in web dynpro .Just design your screen and use function module TREX_EXT_SEARCH_DOCUMENTS.

Regards

Nidhi

ChrisPaine
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Susanne,

Sure, this shouldn't be a problem...

just code up your Web Dynpro so that you call the methods of class CL_RSOS_TREX_SEARCH

As for examples - hmm nope sorry can't think of any, but there is nothing specific to WD ABAP that should stop you from being able to use TREX. Nor stop you reporting the results in a table.

What in particular are you worried about WDA not being able to handle? Or have I misunderstood your question?

Cheers,

Chris

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chris,

thanks for fast reply. This sounds very good.

Are there any code examples? I searched for CL_RSOS_TREX_SEARCH in the internet but I coulnd't find helpful entries.

Regards, Susanne

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chris,

can  you please elaborate the significance of the CL_RSOS_TREX_SEARCH w.r.t webdynpro abap.Currently we have the similar situation like Susanne. A small help would be highly appreciated.

Regards

Ankit