cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MIRO

Former Member
0 Kudos

Gurus,

I am raising a PO with planned delivery cost for example freight.I have done the GR.But when invoice comes the value is more than the PDC.Now how to accomadate the additional expenses in MIRO & paythe vendor

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member187989
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

How do you want freight to be accounted in your business process ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Now they are raising a new PO for the extra freight & doing MIRO.

What are the options available

Former Member
0 Kudos

>

> Hi,

> Now they are raising a new PO for the extra freight & doing MIRO.

>

> What are the options available

Why raise a new PO. Usually your PO is changed with new value or subsequent debit is done against the PO, for extra freight.

If new PO is raised, there will be no tracking with the previous PO, and new PO should have a line item for freight condition to be applied.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Tolerance is ok but not subsequent debit due to audit restrictions

Former Member
0 Kudos

>

> Hi,

> Tolerance is ok but not subsequent debit due to audit restrictions

Other way around is to post the entries manually into material tab with reference to PO, this way your PO is also not changed, you donot do subsequent debit and your entries are also posted and getting hit to material.

Wow so many answers for you. Seems like you have become real popular on this site By the way I dont know your name and this seems like your first project. Which company you work for?

Edited by: Afshad Irani on Jun 21, 2010 12:35 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Do u mean to say i enter the additional amount in material tab & qty of the PO

I make it a point to give point for all answers

Former Member
0 Kudos

>

> Hi,

>

> Do u mean to say i enter the additional amount in material tab & qty of the PO

>

> I make it a point to give point for all answers

Yes that what i am saying, with reference to PO, you do MIRO, then in MATERIAL tab, you enter the PO quantity, then freight amount against the quantity and follow the DR CR entries and save, your entries will get saved with reference to PO and if material account is used as DR, will hit material price as well.

When I started in SAP and specially with forum, I was told by my seniors, if you want good and prompt answers always give points immediately, this attracts prompt and seniors answers, as mostly seniors on forums are appreciated for their answers through points, and it really hurts when you work so hard to find the solution and most of the posters just close the thread by simple OK or CLOSED or THANKS. Basically, we get appreciated when we receive points.

So you found the right trick to get prompt answers and this paragraph goes to other posters or new comers as well. Prompt points you give, prompt answers you get.

Edited by: Afshad Irani on Jun 21, 2010 12:54 PM

Edited by: Afshad Irani on Jun 21, 2010 12:54 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am not going to loose anything by giving points,i am going to gain knowledge

Former Member
0 Kudos

>

> Hi,

>

> I am not going to loose anything by giving points,i am going to gain knowledge

Seems like I am your personal tutor. You are my best poster, as usually when I see your posts, I leave all work alone and answer you first and definitely you dont lose anything, but mostly others dont realize this. I dont know why they are miser in giving points out. I dont say, give points to every post as it defeats the purpose of points, but at least keep the purpose, i.e. 2 = helpfull, 6 = Very helpfull and 10 = answered.

And when you started, your questions were very easy. Now they are getting tougher and interesting and some times I have to work very hard to get you the answers and it refreshes my memories as well of the subject as its very tough to remember all this stuff.

You will not imagine for your CONTRACT post, when it got stuck, I searched around 10 places, and basically went through the whole document and then it refreshed my memory and I could get your problem solved there.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

For sub debit, you need to do MIRO for the material.

Then for the same qunatity of the material do the sub debit.

This will do the accounting entry as

Vendor -> Credit

Material -> Debit.

But the correct way is to do invoice reduction.

Cheers,

Satish Purandare

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can use invoice reduction functionality provided by SAP or you can post the extra cost as subsequent debit.

Cheers,

Satish Purandare

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

What happens when i pass subsequent debit?

Former Member
0 Kudos

whle making miro document you can change the amount wihich is paid to vendor.

It is not compulsory that the vendor invoice should match with the po sent to vendor.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I know the value can be changed but if there is huge difference no company will accept