Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can Multiple DOE users access same client

former_member208564
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I have a use case where manager and his team have to use the same physical device ( It mean same client in the handheld and also the same application). Manager and all the team members are DOE Users.

As far as i know, we will have multiple local users in the client and mapped to single doe user, where as synchronization will happen through DOE sync user, who is configured in the client. During Sync DOE authenticates this user.

But in my use case, DOE should authenticate all the users (user with which i am synchronizing the data). Is this possible in the standard client? Is there any possibility to achieve this?

Regards,

Kiran.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

Your requirement is a standard behavior and there is nothing like all the local client users are mapped to DOE users in default client.

If each local client user has a corresponding DOE server username(i guess it need to be the same username or so) , with a user logged in , he/she can provide their own sync password which will take sync user as the currently logged in local client user.

Only catch here that irrespective of which user is synching, all the messages in the queue (new data,modifications etc ) created by all the users will be send to server with this sync.

Regards,

Liji

former_member208564
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear LIji,

That means single client can be used by multiple DOE users. Is it the single device created in DOE or multiple devices (one for each user).

And one more clarification is needed. That is , can same doe user use multiple clients installed in the different handhelds. Can we make this possible some how? Please suggest me on this.

Regards,

Kiran.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kiran,

In standard client, its only one logical device that is registered against a mobile client installation.Multiple users becomes different users assigned to the same logical device in DOE

dependening on the registration criteria, (provided a user has multiple logical devices in DOE) , multiple client installations can have same user's device registered.

even if the data is user specific, then multiple installations will behave as multiple devices(even for same user) as they are different logical devices in DOE

Regards,

Liji

former_member208564
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Liji,

In my case i can have multiple logical devices created for same set of team (manager and team), where all this logical devices will have respective physival devices with multiple client installation in each of them, with the same set of data in each device. So that any member/manager can use any device. Each of these logical devices will have all the users (manager and team) will be assigned to it.

This is what my understanding. Please correct me if i am wrong. Waiting for your response.

Regards,

Kiran.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

why do you require multiple client installations on one physical device?

Cant it be managed with a single client installation (means single logical device) and then you have all the relevant users assigned to this logical device. Now the app should have proper authorization handling to show only relevant data/screens to the device users.

regards,

Liji

former_member208564
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Liji,

There was some mistake in my last post, but i mean one client installation only per one physical device. And plan to have multiple logical devices for all physical devices. In each logical device all the users (manager + team) will be associated to that logical device. I am trying to validate this with you. Is this the right approach for the usage of multiple users on multiple devices. Or doing think any other approach is possible to achieve the same scenario.

Regards,

Kiran.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

oh ok..basically it will have all users data in all devices. Yes it will enable anyone to pickup any device at any point of time.

Only thing to watch out is the performance part of it.Is it a laptop application or a handheld one.

Regards,

Liji

former_member208564
Participant
0 Kudos

This is the application on symbol handheld.

Regards,

Kiran.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

There is no restriction requiring only one of the users using a device to be the 'synchronizing user'.

As long as a device user has a valid DOE logon with the requisite authorization to synchronize, he/she can synchronize with the DOE with his/her credentials.

Cheers!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ouch! Yep. Liji is right