Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OS/DB Migration - Course and certification for SAP Netweaver 7.00

valeriocicchiel
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello everybody,

The OS/DB migration course and certification is still based on SAP Web Application Server 6.40, which is a rather old platform, since SAP Netweaver 7.00 is available since 06.2006 as far as I know

There is a particular reason for this delay? Can anyone know when the education offering from SAP will cover the new Basis release?

I'm interested in this field of technology, but if I know that the new course will be available too far in the future, I will focus on other certifications for now

Regards,

Valerio

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

the course TADM70 is based on the standard techniques with R3load as they are used also within older releases.

But you get pretty actual content during the course.

Even 7.02 migration things will be explained.

I had the same doubts before the course but it total fits the needs for newer systems

valeriocicchiel
Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks Peter,

I would like to have an information about the course: what kind of training material is given to the attendee?

Are you given some trainig material you can read by yourself? What is the completeness of the material provided?

Thanks,

Valerio

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi valerio,

you get the normal TADM70 coursebook.

YOu can read through this and all question will be related to the stuff written in this book.

So only content of the book is nessesary for the exam.

But for sure the course is pretty good as the trainers can give you a more detailed look on the whole project stuff.

regards

peter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

the course description on SAP education is old. But the course is up to date.

The course was updated in 2010 and is valid for

- SAP WebAS 6.40 (NetWeaver '04)

- NetWeaver 7.00 (NetWeaver '04S)

- NetWeaver 7.0x

regards

Thomas

valeriocicchiel
Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks Thomas,

maybe SAP should update the course description too, because it's the first information people can get about the course

Thanks everybody for your help

Valerio

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am sorry for getting into someone's topic but I would like to clarify few things.

As I understand the information related to the course description is outdated. Although the course currently provided by sap consists of the actual info. And whether that information is reflected in a course book?

What about the examination?

Does it still consists of old questions and corresponds to description at training.sap.com(<AS 6.40) or it does include updated questions related to the latest SAP versions.

And what about the training materials issued by sap for that course?

Same question here. Whether it holds the actual information and consists of latest techniques and descriptions.

I am planning to take the certification w/o taking a course. I have a training material from one of my colleagues who has kindly shared a book with me. He has taken the course some time ago and his book states:

SAP Web AS 6.40

2005/Q3

so I am worried about the consistency of that book. And I would like to be sure before going to exam that there will be no surprise for me by having non-expected questions.

If someone can comment this that would me much appreciated.

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I studied exactly the material mentioned by you and it is sufficient for the exam. No worries!

Kind regards,

Mark

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I am planning to take up the exam SAP OS DB Migration . Please let me know the passing score for this exam.

Thanks and Regards,

Vimal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I guess the pass percentage is 50%.

Thanks and Regards,

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

On a technical level there are no fundamental differences between these releases, therefore a specific course/certification shouldn't be necessary..

Kind regards,

Mark