Showing results forΒ 
Search instead forΒ 
Did you mean:Β 

Holiday calendar & Work Schedules

waqas_rashid
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I want to define public holidays and regenerate work schedule for the specific month in which these holidays encounter. My question is should I do this directly in Production system or in Development and than transport to Quality/Production. I know that both options are available. But which one is the recommended option. If transport option is recommended than how can I transport work schedule to Quality/Production.

Accepted answer will definitely be awarded points.

Thanks,

Waqas Rashid

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I would definitely recommend the option of creating it first in Development and then transporting it format as you would get an opportunity to test your work schedules on test employees.

cheers,

Ajay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Generally, when you generate work schedules, system asks for a transport request to be selected.

If the system did not ask for the request, you need to go to SE01, and manually create a request which has the following object:

R3TR TABU T552A -> where the key is : client number, employe groupng, public holiday calendar&personnel area grouping, Work schedule rule YYYYMM.

Hope this helps

Cheers

Ajay

former_member193210
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I also do the changes in DEV and transport them to QAT for further tests, and then to PRD.

Take note that changes to Holidays and Holiday Calendars must be saved, and then you need to create your transport for these changes (it will be a Workbench).

Next, you should generate all the Work Schedules that use the Holiday Calendars you just modified, and a transport should be prompted for that transport (which will be a Customizing).

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

waqas_rashid
Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks gentlemen for your suggestions.

Waqas Rashid