Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Security of RFC, password setting?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

I wanner know should the RFC connections be secured in such manner that any user who makes use of a connection will be prompted to enter a user name and password??

The RFC can directly log on to another R/3 system from table RFCDES if the password field is blank or *?? Is it right?

By transaction SM59, how can I know whether the password was set for a connection?

What does the "Saved" or "is initial" of "PW Status" mean?

Many thanks.

4 REPLIES 4

Former Member
0 Kudos

Eric,

I wanner know should the RFC connections be secured in such manner that any user who makes use of a connection will be prompted to enter a user name and password??

then, go for Trusted RFC connection (logon / security)

The RFC can directly log on to another R/3 system from table RFCDES if the password field is blank or *?? Is it right?

No, password needs to be synced from both sides.

By transaction SM59, how can I know whether the password was set for a connection?

Try with "Test connection"

What does the "Saved" or "is initial" of "PW Status" mean?

No authorization to logon as trusted system (Trust"

I noticed that CLIENT FIELD under "Logon & Security" - "Logon" IS BLANK, and curent user is checked. PW Status "is initial"

Thanks,

Sri

0 Kudos

Many thanks for your answer!

However, I am still a little confusing about the security mechanism of RFC. Especially about the setting of "User and Password" in SM59. Is there any materials to be referenced?

0 Kudos

Hi,

You can also verify the pw status from: SM59 => Utilities => Test => Authorization Test (It provides usefull information on user avalability). Also look for "RFC User Administration" :

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_sm32/helpdata/en/ed/8d7b64ee75ef4cb42358427613fa95/frameset.htm

Regards;

0 Kudos

If you do a simple search then you will find what you are looking for.

The RFC security guides and docs for transaction SECSTORE would be a good place to start.

If you want a jump-start to SAP infrastructure security then go for training course ADM960.

Cheers,

Julius