Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

External ABAP editor

Dear sirs,

I wonder if you have ever though about using an external ABAP editor (the easy part, even if not a cheap one) or creating one (the difficult part). I am especially interested in the second part:

- I am aware of one commercial ABAP editor based on Eclipse, are there any free ones?

- If there are no other ones (what seems to be probable), are there pieces of information how to create one?

- Example: ABAP grammar has been pulished? Or that company offering the commercial ABAP editor has recreated itself? Or they got the grammar from SAP

- I wonder if anybody can point me to the resource where i could find the ABAP grammar... Well, I am no compilers expert ut have some school experience creating a Pascal compiler and would be interested in the grammar in any format.

- I also wonder if there are people who would be interested in such editor, to use it for fun or for efficiency or to be a part of the team which would find it challenging to create a free external ABAP editor?

I have no relationship with the company offering the commercial editor, I am just curious. Any type of feedback is welcomed.

Have a nice day everybody, regards Otto

Edited by: Otto Gold on Jun 19, 2010 7:44 PM

Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question