cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple Destination Storage Bins in WM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

This post is relevant to have Multiple destination storage bins. I need help to achieve this. What are options available & how to do customisation settings.

Let me explain

Client is having many storage types & they have named their buildings according to storage type.(One Bld is one storage type)

Here one storage type say A is open storage & all materials get stored. There is only one storage BIN A1.

Now when user wants to do internal transfers to other stoarge types but he is unaware of storage bins available in other storage type. Also he does not know how much quantity will get fitted in those storage bins.

E.G. Material XYZ is moving from Storage type A , storage BIN A1 , quantity is 100

Now , the destination storage type is B & storage bins available are B1, B2,B3

Here requirment is to move the material from storage bin A1 & Destination should be B1 , B2 , B3 say 50 in B1,25 in B2 & 25 in B3.

Can we use capacity check method ? how to do that ? According to capacity of Bins system should automatically split the quantity & post the TO.

Please guide me to achive above scenario.

Regards,

Mahesh

+91 9867747368

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can have manual strategy in this case where system does not play any role in doing the putaway process. While creating TO the user himself scans the destination bin and enter required putaway quantity. You need to keep the field value of the desired storage type blank " ".

If you are sure the bins in B storage type always holds particular quantity of material stock, in this case input the maximum value of this bin in bin master LS03n.

If there are anyother logics you need to apply that may not fit in standard SAP you can always take help of user-exits.

Amit G

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

question has been answered