cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CUP Connecting to Lotus Notes LDAP

Former Member
0 Kudos

We're on AC 5.3 SP11 Patch 3. My client would like to connect CUP to a Notes LDAP, but the only LDAP connections available are AD, Sun, Novell, and IBM. Has anyone tried this or know if it is possible? If so, please let me know the format of the connector settings as well as the field mapping.

Thanks,

Daniel

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

we have the same need.

We successfully created the connector for Notes LDAP with type "Novell".

But we cannot find any name : "Search failed".

Has anyone succeed in finding users ?

Thanks for your reply,

Vincent TEILLET

Former Member
0 Kudos

Did you try using the IBM connector. If not your lotus notes administrator may be able to provide you with field names required for the settings. You will just have to try for that.

Regards,

Chinmaya

koehntopp
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

You will simply have to try.

What I have found is that regardless of the directory type, the connector will insist on sending a query with a "DN= " search string, which seems to be something AD likes. If your directory can handle that you should be fine.

Let us know the results, please!

Frank.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Daniel,

Try IBM for lotus notes. I have never tried tp connect to lotus notes via CUP but lotus notes is owned by IBM so it may work.

Regards,

Alpesh

koehntopp
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Alpesh,

from my tests when I tried to connect a Siemens Dir.X LDAP server I found no difference between any of the settings.

In the end it failed because CUP insists on sending an attribute that ActiveDirectory wants, but most of the others don't understand (can't remember which one).

If you set the CUP log level to DEBUG you will see the LDAP response.

Frank.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Daniel,

we too are planning to have Lotus notes connected to CUP. If you tried and tested could you please share your outcome / test i.e.

1) Did the setting worked ?

2) If yes, what connector type you used (settings)

Thanks

Mike

Edited by: MG on Sep 23, 2010 1:13 PM