cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CRVS2010 beta - "Add new item" button disabled

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I notice that when I open a report that was saved in either cr2008 or cr xi, the Add new item button on the Standard toolbar becomes disabled. Even after I save the cr2008 report in the new format, the button is still disabled.

This means that I cannot create a new report when reports from a previous version have the focus of the workspace.

The only way that I can keep the Add new item button enabled is to close all reports that were originally not created in crvs2010 or click on the tab of a report that was created in crvs2010 to enable the button. Needless to say, having to do this is cumbersome.

Is there anything that can be done about this?

Thank you

Edited by: training 2go on Jun 18, 2010 6:32 PM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hi Triaing,

It's not clear what or how you are seeing this. Can list step by step how to duplicate?

Thank you

Don

Former Member
0 Kudos

Below are my step-by-step process

1. I open a report that was created in CRVS2008 (in CRVS2010 beta)

2. I changed the datasource location to the current database.

3. I save the changes to the report, get a message saying the report is in the old file format. I click Yes to save report in the new format.

4. When I look up at the Standard toolbar, the Add new item button is disabled.

5. If I click on a report that is currently open that was created in CRVS2010, the Add new item button is enabled.

I hope this helps.

0 Kudos

ah... I think I know why.

What was the data source you used in the VS 2008 report? And was/is it the same as in VS 2010?

Thanks again

Don

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Don,

In CRVS2008, I used the sample database that came with the software.

IN CRVS2010, I'm still using the sample Xtreme database, but I think it is a newer version because the dates in some fields are newer.

I hope this helps.

Thank you

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Don,

Were you able to duplicate this issue?

Let me know.

Thank you

Tracy

0 Kudos

Hi Tracy,

No, I see the buttons and all functions.

Try doing a repair install. Don't know what else to suggest...

I'll keep playing to see if some options disable it and Ping the Developers to see what they have to say.

Thanks again

Don

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Don,

This is strange.

Did you at least get a message saying the report is in the old file format, when you opened a report that was created in crvs2008 in crvs2010?

Where is the repair option? I looked for it, but do not see it.

Tracy

0 Kudos

Hi Tracy,

By Repair I mean go into Add/Remove Programs and click on the CR4VS2010 and it should give you an option to repair the install. But I just checked and the only option I have on Windows XP is remove.... Not an option to see if it can be "fixed".

What OS are you using? It may be the MDAC/WDAC ( Microsoft Data Access Component ) works differently on different OS's.

WDAC is the updated MDAC for Windows 7 and Windows 2008, may be for Vista also....

Thank you

Don

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Don,

Since posting the original message, I've upgraded to beta 2.

I have Windows XP Pro installed with SP3.

The version of Microsoft Access that I have installed in 2003.

This problem of the Add New Item option being disabled when the tab that has the focus is a report that was originally created in a different version of crystal (ie crystal reports 2008 or crystal for visual studio 2008) and saved in crvs 2010 format.

Thank yoy

Tracy

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

Final Production release is now available. See this thread for more info: