cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to know if Message mapping failed?

0 Kudos

Hi gurus,

do anyone know how to determine in clean up method if a message mapping failed? i just want to know the status of the message mapping to put it in the trace.

Regards

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

When ever mapping fails then you can see the error message in SXMB_MONI,and the log file also contains error information.

if you can raise alert to receive an email when ever the exception occurred.

Regards,

Raj

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

0 Kudos

Hi,

You can test the message mapping in the Test tab in ESR. In Test tab, copy-paste the payload in src and execute. You will be able to view the errors there in the result window.

Regards,

Bipasha

0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply Abhishek,

but this is not exactly what i need.

Suppose following Graphical message mapping: two number A and B need to be divided, A/B. If B equal 0 (zero), this will throw Runtime Exception. In some point of my mapping (maybe at the end of it) i need to catch this Exception, or at least i need to know exception happened. I need to know it to update a table with message mapping status, eg succesfully executed, runtime error, etc.

Regards.

0 Kudos

Does anyone know hot to handle exceptions in graphical message mapping??

Regards

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> Does anyone know hot to handle exceptions in graphical message mapping??

perform a validation and use a JAVA class to raise/ handle exception.....for more info refer: /people/alessandro.guarneri/blog/2006/01/26/throwing-smart-exceptions-in-xi-graphical-mapping

Regards,

Abhishek.

0 Kudos

CleanUp method is executed at the end of message mapping, so i need toknow if message mapping was executed succesfully or not at this point to add a message to the trace via Abstract trace object.

Regards

0 Kudos

Thanks for your answer Raja,

but the question is if in cleaUp() method of a message mapping i can know the current status of the mapping (error, success,exception thrown) by mans of java code.

Regards

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Could you please some more info about cleanUp method?? why you want to implement this.

Regards,

Raj