cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CRVS2010 beta - mail label wizard problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am trying to use the mail label wizard. On the Label screen, the Mailing Label Type drop-down list is not populated with a list of label sizes. The only option is "User-defined", which doesn't seem to work either.

I searched this forum but did not see any messages about this problem.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hi Training,

Thank you for noticing this. I'll pas sit onto the PM group. Likely they have not been defined or included in this beta release.

Thank you

Don

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you.

Do you think that there will be another beta release before the product goes live?

I don't think that they need to be defined, because the list of options already exists in any of hte prior versions, or am I not understanding what you are saying, which is quite possible.

Let me know.

Edited by: training 2go on Jun 22, 2010 6:32 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

The missing list of mail label sizes is a bug with the beta release. As a workaround, if you have CR 2008 installed, you can copy the labels_en.txt file to use with the CR for VS 2010 beta.

You can find, and copy, the Labels_en.txt file from the folder:

\Program Files\Business Objects\BusinessObjects Enterprise 12.0\win32_x86\

..and copy to the folder:

\Program Files\SAP BusinessObjects\SAP BusinessObjects Enterprise XI 4.0\win32_x86\

Yes, there is another beta planned for August, but it may not contain the fix for the above issue.

Hope this helps!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mandeep,

I had to uninstall the full version of cr 2008 to install crvs beta, so I don't have access to the file that you said I could copy.

I'm hoping that this is on the bug list because it worked in the prior version of crvs, so hopefully it is an easy fix.

Thank you

Tracy

0 Kudos

Hi Tracy,

I'm attaching the file, if you can not download it let me know and I'll send it to you directly.

Thank you

Don

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Don,

Thank you for giving me the file for the mail label drop-down list.

Is this on the list of things that will be fixed in the next beta?

Tracy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mandeep,

Thank you for giving me the path to place the text file in.

Tracy

0 Kudos

Yes, Mandeep noted in his posting that it was missing in this beta build but will be there when it goes GA.

Thanks again

Don

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Don,

The reason I asked again if this fix would be included in the next beta is because Mandeeps message indicated that it may not be included.

Thank you for clarifying that this will be fixed in the next beta.

Tracy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tracy! I just checked and it looks like it was fixed for Beta2 so it'll be working when Beta2 is released.

Answers (0)