cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem on deleting (removing) an application

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

We are trying to delete an application at SAP PBC 7.0, but an error happens: 'Failed to connect ABAP server' .... And when you look for the InfoCube and for Multiprovider at SAP, the Multiprovider has disappeared but the InfoCube didn't.

Does anybody knows what's happening? Any solution?

Thanks in advance,

Albert Mas

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

ssandepogu
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

Probably while performing the task, system must have lost connection to backend system and deletion might have ended abruptly. If the multi-provider is deleted and front-end is erroring out then try deleting the cube from backend directly. After deleting the cube from backend run the UJA_DATA_CHECKER to see if the Appset is consistent.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sushma,

I have deleted the InfoCube from backend directly, so although I still have the application in my AppSet at SAP BPC, I have nor Infocube nor Multiprovider at SAP. If I try to delete the applicacion again from SAP BPC, an ABAP runtime error appears: SYSTEM_NO_ROLL (Unable to fulfill request for 53382284 bytes of memory space). I'm going to ask for more memory space.

When I execute the File Service Checker, it shows me a lot of warning messages about "Missing File/Dir" and "Possible Dead File/Dir"

Any idea to solve these problems?

Thanks in advence,

Albert

ssandepogu
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes you can ignore those warning messages. This is really very strange that even after deleting the cube you are still able to see the Application on front-end. After deleting the Application from backend, did you login into BPC for Admin, by going through the connection wizard?

Can you check the tables UJA_APPL and UJA_DIM_APPL to see if their are still deleted Application related entries?

Thanks.

ssandepogu
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes you can ignore those warning messages. This is really very strange that even after deleting the cube you are still able to see the Application on front-end. After deleting the Application from backend, did you login into BPC for Admin, by going through the connection wizard?

Can you check the tables UJA_APPL and UJA_DIM_APPL to see if their are still deleted Application related entries?

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sushma,

Thanks for your help.

Yes, after deleting the Application from backend, I logined into BPC Admin through the connection wizard ... and it was still there.

If I check the table UJA_APPL, it shows the Infocube and Multiprovider's technical name, and if I check the table UJA_DIM_APPL, it shows the name of all its dimensions.

Any idea?

Thanks in advance,

Albert

ssandepogu
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Albert,

Since the Application metadata didnt get deleted completely so you are still seeing the Application on the front-end. Since front-end errored out and backend all the metadata didnt get deleted so you have the delete the entries manually. Please check the following 3 tables and try to delete the Application related entries. Please be careful as you are deleting it from backend. Please ONLY DELETE THE ENTRIES FOR THE COBE/APPLICATION IN QUESTION. Dont not delete the other Application entries else you might mess up other Applications too.

Since yours is exceptional case use this method. But this is definately not a recommended way to delete an Application. You should always delete the Application from front-end. Check these 3 tables and delete the entries manually:

UJA_APPL

UJA_DIM_APPL

UJA_APPLT.

Once done go through the connection wizard and your Application should be deleted now. Let me know the result.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sushma,

I checked UJA_APPL table and deleted the entry manually, and it was successed. After that, the entry for UJA_DIM_APPL and UJA_APPLT tables had disappeared, because the application didn't exist.

Then, I logined into BPC Admin through the connection wizard and the application wasn't there!!

Later on, I've executed a transport, and the new application is ok, with identical technical names for Infocube and Multiprovider in target as in source

Thanks for all!!

Albert

Answers (0)