Dev client deletion
Need your kind advice please. This is the situation:
1. We have three clients in Dev.
2. They are (for eg), client 6 for all config, client 100 for testing in Dev and client 1 which was temporarily created for a project for both config as well as testing for that project only. To make matters complicated, both client 1 and 100 point to separate sets of applications.
3. After the project got over, client 1 was left like that. As a result several people over the last one year kept making config changes there.
4. End result is that a group of users used client 6 for making config changes and then moved the TR to client 100 for testing, before moving them to QA. Another group of users used client 1 to make the config changes as well as testing them there before moving the TR to QA.
5. Now, we have to delete either client 1 or client 100.
6. Our customer wants to have same data in the corrected Dev client as is there in Prod.
7. Doing a remote client copy would erase everything that is presently there on the target client. That would mean that either the applications running on 100 or 1 would get erased.
8. What would be the best way to manage the situation here?
9. Customer doesnt want to user Loadrunner to create data for testing in Dev. They want the data from Production to be there in the Dev client.
10. Assuming, disk space is not an issue, how do we best manage the situation?