cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something going wrong in WD Tutorial

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I am trying to understand how web dynpro work, as I have to do some work on them in the near future. I found very useful tutorial on SDN, downloaded it and using to study.

In the second tutorial (BAPI USAGE) I got stuck and don't understand how to go further:

The example I am trying to replicate is to build a WDynpro calling BAPI_FLIGHT_GETLIST to show a list of flights in IDES system.

I use the wizard to make the call, I make the step by step procedure as depicted in the tutorial (even if some minor differences occurr in the screens). The problem is:

In thewizard screen ADAPT CONTEST all the fields of the bapi interface are originally marked as "Controller attribute". The tutorial suggests to choose DESTINATION FROM, DESTINATION_TO and FLIGHT_LIST as parameters of method.

I get an error Table parameter (FLIGHT_LIST) is not supported in the controller method"

mmm... okay, let's say you cannot use a table as an output parameter of the method, I'll check this in the future. I change flight list to controller attribute again, go on and activate the method.

Now, as depicted in the tutorial, I should see in the controller's context a folder icon BAPI_FLIGHT_GETLIST and if I expand I can see other two folders IMPORTING and EXPORTING with parameters to bind in next step.

Well, in my system this don't happen, I have the main folder with no button to expand it, neither I have anywhere in the context the parameters to bind. Am I wrong? Is my release too old and doesn't support something? Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks in advance

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In Adapt Context screen, you have to choose DESTINATION_FROM, DESTINATION_TO and FLIGHT_LIST as Context Node.

Then you will see those in context.

Hope this helps!

Regards,

Srilatha

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

saket_abhyankar
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Try following thing:

In 5th step (i.e. Adapt Context) of service call, select ObjectType as 'Context (Node/Attribute)'.

Regards,

Saket

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, it works this way. The document was not clear at that point. Thank you so much both of you

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

>

> Yes, it works this way. The document was not clear at that point. Thank you so much both of you

Just a word of caution. Some of these tutorials are somewhat old (relatively). They were created when WDA was brand new. You should check the date on the tutorial. There have been a lot of enhancements to the WDA framework. For instance originally the service call wizard only created context nodes/attributes. But in around SP10 or SP12 of 7.0, SAP extended the wizard to give you the choice to generate context nodes, controller attributes, or interface parameters of the generated method for each level of the interface of the service object. SAP also extended the service wizard from RFCs only to RFCs, Assistance Classes, and Web Service Proxy Classes. Depending upon the age of the tutorial, it might have been created before these new features were added.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Tomas

I noticed the differences you underlined. I am actually using tutorials as guidelines and try to experiment on the differences.