Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

****Integration scenario

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all ,

I have few doubts ,Pls reply.

When do we go for Integration Scenario's where we Actions in IR.

When we go for XSLT mapping?I the projects I worked on,I found that it is used when we are going for Webservices more,is ther any perticular reason for this?

What are the cases where we choose A to A and B to B integration.

Thanks,

Srinivasa

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> When do we go for Integration Scenario's where we Actions in IR.

Integration Scenarios in IR help you for configuration in ID. Especially when you have FCC for file adapter and use adapter channel templates which you assign to the sceanrio. When you have an Integration Scenario, you can easily delete a scenario in ID and create a new one, for example when you use a different business system.

It is also a good starting point for documenting your project.

I recommend to use it always.

> When we go for XSLT mapping?I the projects I worked on,I found that it is used when we are going for Webservices more,is ther any perticular reason for this?

You might have an XSLT available or people in project have XSLT skills. Some specific mappings are easier with XSLT. I use XSLT sometimes for creating and removing SOAP headers.

> What are the cases where we choose A to A and B to B integration.

rule of thumb:

A to A: both systems belong to your company.

B to B: sender or receiver is another company.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srinivasa,

> When do we go for Integration Scenario's where we Actions in IR.

Actually this is the best idea to create integration scenario, because when the layman comes to know what is happening then at that time based on the integration scenario he can understand everything (bcz it is in graphical format and contains all sender and receiver details)

Especially we use this in product based things, in product based we just change the source and target paths (folders if it is file adapter) so we import this integration scenario and do the little changes.

> When we go for XSLT mapping?I the projects I worked on,I found that it is used when we are going for Webservices more,is ther any perticular reason for this?

SAP recommends the graphical mapping, but all times graphical not suitable to our requirements,

so based on our requirement we select the mapping type.

In our requirement we have to use more functions then preffer the XSLT mapping, in XSLT mapping it has lot of predefined functions.

> What are the cases where we choose A to A and B to B integration.

If both sender and receiver (In case more than 2 systems also) in same landscape or same fire wall or all ystems are in our company then choose A2A, if both are different then chose B2B.

Regards

Ramesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

>> When we go for XSLT mapping?

XSL Transformations, the purpose of this is for transformation of XML documents into other formats like XML, XHTML and etc.

For more refer: "http://www.w3schools.com/xsl/default.asp"

>> What are the cases where we choose A to A and B to B integration

A2A:

A2A means you are communicating within same firewall or in same company or same land scape. A2A means application to application,it refers to scenarios where both the sender and receiver and with ur landscape,suppose

ur doin a File to IDOC scenario where in both the FTP server and the R/3 server is within ur landscape then it will be called A2A,in most A2A cases we use business system and service without party.

Example if one company ABC has implemented the R/3 & XI and say there will be serveral departments (modules like Sales, Material Mgmt etc..) So if Sale department is dealing with the Material management department within the company then you

will say it A2A.

B2B:

B2B means busines to business,it refers to scenario where both the sender and the receiver and in different landscape,suppose ur again doing a File to IDOC scenario but the FTP server is in a separate landscape(for e.g ur clients site or anywhere else) and

the R/3 server is in ur landscape.we have to use Party for this to identify separate business.we also prefer Business service

over business system in this case.

Regards,

Abid