cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

InteractiveForm refreshes on any action

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everybody!

I have a problem using the ui element "InteractiveForm" in WebDynpro. All I want to do is to display a pdf document in WebDynpro with some user input fields on the side. The pdf is not a form, it ist only displayed in read mode.

So far everything works fine ( the input fields work and the pdf is displayed ), but when I use the value help of one input field the webdynpro refreshes the pdf and the adobe reader is loaded again.

I have another problem: When I use the fuction cl_wd_runtime_services=>attach_file_to_response on a LinkToAction, the InteractiveForm element is broken and displays a Internet Explorer error "Action aborted" in the InteractiveForm element.

Thanks for your help!!

Johannes

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

uday_gubbala2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Johannes,

I did try replicate the problem that you had quoted and the Adobe form is getting reloaded each & every time as how you had reported. I think this is inevitable coz this is like a PBO event wherein the system needs to repaint the window contents. (If you check in debugging mode the system does again go through WDDOMODIFYVIEW while returning back to the form after the user closes the search help.) You can work with dropdowns and date pickers within the Adobe form and not have the form reloaded but if at all you are interacting with any event outside the form (like a search help within your view) then the system would go through a WDDOMODIFYVIEW call & would repaint your browser leading in the form getting refreshed. I wasn't however able to replicate the breaking down of the form when trying to use the cl_wd_runtime_services=>attach_file_to_response method. when I clicked on the LinkToAction the system was once again reloading the form and then bringing up the file contents in a new browser window.

Why dont you try make use of the FileDownload UI element instead of the cl_wd_runtime_services=>attach_file_to_response approach? Using the FileDownload UI element is causing the file contents to appear in a new window without even having to reload the Adobe form. I guess since this is a standard UI element meant for realizing the download functionality the system doesn't need to perform a request/response cycle before presenting the file contents for the user. But yes Thomas would be the best person to comment on this as he knows the inner details of the system better than anyone else.

Regards,

Uday

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

I haven't tried this yet with the interactiveForm UI element (perhaps I can test a little bit later), but delta handling should make it possible to have a stable form if nothing in the bound context has changed. This works since 7.0 Sp12 (Note 1021981), 7.01 (with notes 1337404 and 1403773) or 7.02. You do have to enable delta handling at the application or system wide level. Then the key is that you must put the interactiveForm UI element into its own view. The delta calculation is done at the View level so to avoid changes from outside the form causing it to re-render you want to isolate it into a view by itself.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas,

thanks for your answer! I think delta rendering is a good hint but it doesn't work. Maybe it is not supported for interactiveForms yet ( http://help.sap.com/saphelp_tm60/helpdata/en/eb/cbd08ae1754c708947c0f5b0779649/content.htm )?

Is there another way to display a pdf file in a webdynpro view where delta rendering works?

My release is 7.01 and I have these notes in the system.

Thanks!!

Johannes