cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Subcontracting with Vendor's own material.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

I have a scenario wherein client sends a component for machining to Vendor and pays for the machining charges to the Vendor.

It happens that Subcontracting Vendor attaches say a nut bolt(hos own material,we have not provided the same) to the maxchine and gives it back.

How this scenario can be mapped in Subcontracting cycle so that we can pay the Vendor for machining and nut bolt.

Regards

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

there are 2 optons.

one is you can include the Nut cost in the service charge paid to the SC vendor.

second is you issue the material (Nut) to SC venodor with 541 movement type

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

SAP procurement subcontract process maps exactly to your real subcontracting process.

Prerequisite: turn the material to a BOM via CS01.

1. ME21N create subcontracting PO

On the PO screen, select Item caetegory "L Subcontracting" to make the PO a subcontracting one.

2. ME2O Send material components to vendor

At this step, there'll no accounting document posted. Components sent are still your company's possesses.

3. MIGO Goods receipt the expected material and sent components to storage location.

Now, The sent components values will be transferred to the received material. Payable amount is the amount entered on the PO for their additional components and subcontracting service.

Hope this helps,

Best,

former_member187989
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can add nut cost to price of final material going to be recieved in purchase order.

Former Member
0 Kudos

SAP procurement subcontract process maps exactly to your real subcontracting process.

Prerequisite: turn the material to a BOM via CS01.

1. ME21N create subcontracting PO

On the PO screen, select Item caetegory "L Subcontracting" to make the PO a subcontracting one.

2. ME2O Send material components to vendor

At this step, there'll no accounting document posted. Components sent are still your company's possesses.

3. MIGO Goods receipt the expected material and sent components to storage location.

Now, The sent components values will be transferred to the received material. Payable amount is the amount entered on the PO for their additional components and subcontracting service.

Hope this helps,

Best,