cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Budgeting/Planning on group of Projects

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

IN SAP PS we can not budget /Plan on group of Projects...

Is there any work around through which we can acheive this?

Many thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shailesh,

As Ahmed and Nitin have pointed out, this cannot be done in the standard SAP PS system. Even though you use the budget transfer functionality to transfer your budget from one project to other you cannot control this at a group level but only through the project to which you have transferred the project.

In case you across a solution for this scenario do share it in the forum.

Regards,

Gokul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ahmed,

i think ,what you are suggesting is whatever plan cost i have on project level that we can transfer and make it budget for the projects but that is not something which i required

basically the requirement is like that we need to control the budget on group of project not on particular project.

Say i have 5 project P1 to P5, Can we budget for P2-P4 combinely suppose 100GBP.so if 100 GBP is booked for P2. i should not be able to book any cost on P4.

I know that is something which SAP PS does not provide, but still if you can suggest some work around that will be very helpful

Many thanks

nitin_patoliya
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you are working on Investment Proejct strating forward you can achieve the same by assging all the Proejcts to same Investment program Id. ( And distribut budget from IM to PS Via IM52. )

If you are workign on apart from investment proejc, you cannot acehive the same directly, but indireclty via trasfer budget functionaliy across the proejct you can achieve, but that will be partail solution to your querry.

With Regards

Nitin P.

former_member203108
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If your budget value is exactly equal to plan cost of project, not more or less...then you can use IMCCP3 tcode...here you can allocate budget(ie., transfer plan cost to budget) for multiple project in single transaction...